New Construction Started - Willis, TX (north of Houston)

The schematic does not look like the actual as-built plumbing.

The flow switch is not on the same line as the flow meter.

full

1679067056647.png

The schematic does not look like the actual as-built plumbing.

The flow switch is not on the same line as the flow meter.

full

View attachment 477534

That was actually an older photo - I had them revise the installation of the flow switch. Both the flow switch and the flow meter are installed on the inlet piping to the heater.

Attachments

• Heater Inlet.jpg
    Heater Inlet.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 10
Reactions: JamesW
Does it work correctly?
Unknown. The electricians didn't hook it up for fear that it might void the warranty. I have advised the Pentair warranty company who was out to replace the two intellivalves that the flow switch is specifically mentioned in the heater manual and they are following up w/pentair.

Reactions: JamesW
Houston, we have (another) problem. I noticed that on the separately piped lighted bubblers that the West bubbler had a fraction of the pressure compared the East side when both valves were fully opened. I realized that there was a longer run to the West side (~15’) and a couple more elbows but I didn’t think it would make a drastic difference. To balance the two, the West side valve had to be fully opened and the East side valve could only be opened very slightly. I suspected there might be an obstruction in the West side line. Recently, water started coming from the electrical junction box when the West side valve was partially or completely open. This would seem to indicate that there is some type of obstruction in the supply to the bubbler that has caused the seal to the light within the bubbler to fail causing water to enter the electric conduit and flow back to the junction box.

Attachments

• Plumbing Run.jpg
    Plumbing Run.jpg
    138.3 KB · Views: 19
  • Balanced Valves.jpg
    Balanced Valves.jpg
    147 KB · Views: 20
  • Balanced Flow.jpg
    Balanced Flow.jpg
    184.5 KB · Views: 20
  • Fully Open Valves.jpg
    Fully Open Valves.jpg
    147.1 KB · Views: 20
  • Unbalanced Flow.jpg
    Unbalanced Flow.jpg
    161.8 KB · Views: 19
  • 20230403_075028[1].jpg
    20230403_075028[1].jpg
    341.9 KB · Views: 19
Definitely need to get the builder on that right away.

Don't use the bubblers as that is flooding the electrical.
Electrician is here now and is investigating. Have you ever seen this before? Do you think my hypothesis may be right?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.