New construction in Dallas TX

Not full yet! We did run the sprinklers for the front yard by accident last night. It's still purdy!

Attachments

• pool0926_4a.jpg
    pool0926_4a.jpg
    141.4 KB · Views: 186
  • pool0926_3a.jpg
    pool0926_3a.jpg
    185 KB · Views: 186
  • pool0926_2a.jpg
    pool0926_2a.jpg
    177 KB · Views: 186
The water is so pretty! I feel sorry for your kids having to wait.. :(

I've got a feeling no matter how cold it gets, they'll be in the water! :lol: :lol:

Arvenn, what is the dark line on the pool wall in the photo where your son has his feet in the pool? A shadow or a wet spot?

Yes, your colors look SOOO great together!

Glock is right on the money. We figured out that the sprinkler was dripping toward the pool with the winds we had the past few days. Not noticeable anymore. Thanks for pointing that out! The acid was put in the pool yesterday and I brushed for the first time. It was like pulling off a shell...wow, it looks really different now!

Attachments

• pool0928_1a.jpg
    pool0928_1a.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 135
After 3 brushings since acid here is some updated pics from today. An unexpected reflection is in the pics..The white spots? Those would be clouds from the sky..yeah..that's so cool :)

Attachments

• pool0928_4a.jpg
    pool0928_4a.jpg
    98.9 KB · Views: 135
  • pool0928_3a.jpg
    pool0928_3a.jpg
    106.1 KB · Views: 135
  • pool0928_2a.jpg
    pool0928_2a.jpg
    139.3 KB · Views: 135
Notes from the scrubbing...Brushing the wall by the rocks without being in the water is HARDDDDD! I have to shimmy, scoot, bend and twist in ways that just shouldn't be seen by the neighbors in order to get that side..lol! Why don't pool brushes have bendy ends like dusters? Why don't pool brushes have corner sides? I have redesigned the brush like 3 times in my head while brushing. Note to self..No more brushing the rock wall without being IN THE POOL after this part is over..lol.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
arvven said:
Notes from the scrubbing...Brushing the wall by the rocks without being in the water is HARDDDDD! I have to shimmy, scoot, bend and twist in ways that just shouldn't be seen by the neighbors in order to get that side..lol! Why don't pool brushes have bendy ends like dusters? Why don't pool brushes have corner sides? I have redesigned the brush like 3 times in my head while brushing. Note to self..No more brushing the rock wall without being IN THE POOL after this part is over..lol.

NO KIDDING on the brush design!! I did get the King Fin - and that works awesome on the walls. I did get a bendy brush - but it's not for a pool really.. I'll get a pic later and send it over.

IT LOOKS BEAUTIFUL!!!!! :snorkle: :snorkle:

About the sprinklers... does that mean they are leaking, or just seeping from the normal use?

Hope you get to swim before the rain comes!!!!

You know, we haven't messed with the equipment at all yet. Pool builder did not recommend us swimming because the acid. I am going to take measurements tomorrow just to see what they did. Pool will be neutralized and chemicals added Mon or Tues then we can swim. Can't wait! Then pool school next Friday to figure out how to operate everything. Allllmosssst there!

bpricedo said:
It looks very nice!

I like the King Fin for the walls but the regular brush works better on the floor it seems.

I agree!! I did find that if turn the KF while pulling back, it doesn't drag the dust back too. :goodjob:

Thank you both! This weekend has been a challenge with the acid wash. All the rain the past 24 hrs, I only swept once yesterday. I was doing 3 times a day since Thurs. so I am crossing fingers it's ok. I think so, from brushing it feels pretty smooth. My son walked barefoot on the seats and steps yesterday and said they felt real good. I noticed when brushing this morning the pool water is warmer than the temp outside. That's cool. It's so cloudy and our pool so dark, I can't really see details on the bottom of the pool. We will see what the construction manager says when he comes out Monday or Tues.

It will be fine! The filter should help get the cloudiness out, but it takes a few days. The rain should stop this afternoon - I hope so! I've got to go brush the pool too! We had 3 crepe myrtle trees that never, ever flowered. Guess what. This year they are in full bloom - UGH! I've been scooping out pedals for 2 days with this wind. I may have to trim the branches down.

Have you tested the water - just for kicks?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.