New construction in Dallas TX

@Benz - the decking is smaller around the pool, we have a patio close to the pool where we will have people hang out. Instead of connecting the two patio's we are going to put stepping stones in the grass. I can't wait to see the finished look!

@Benz - the decking is smaller around the pool, we have a patio close to the pool where we will have people hang out. Instead of connecting the two patio's we are going to put stepping stones in the grass. I can't wait to see the finished look!

:party: We can't either arvven!!!

Imrodee - no, they let me off the hook after a couple of weeks. When the rain started in August, it was especially awesome for me :) This week yard cleanup, complete plumb of the pool, fence, inspection.

Oh, the rain.. I was never so happy to see the rain. We had just laid 5 pallets of sod. That was great timing for both of us!

There is a big sale in September at the Greenery (landscape store.) So I'm going to get them to come do my flower beds, then put the fence back up around the pool area. So, we aren't finished either!

The construction fence isn't fully up today, so I decided to take some pics. Not much visual change from last time, but my yard is flat again :)

Attachments

• pool0912_3a.jpg
    pool0912_3a.jpg
    168.4 KB · Views: 227
  • pool0912_2a.jpg
    pool0912_2a.jpg
    208.5 KB · Views: 227
This pic was inspired by imrodee's pool pic today of the spa overlooking the pool. Here's my view...ewww. I can't wait to see the refreshing bubbly water :party: !!

Attachments

• pool0912_1a.jpg
    pool0912_1a.jpg
    178.1 KB · Views: 226

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I am hoping the fence starts tomorrow, weather permitting. I can use some advice on what to button up before the final payment is made. We are happy with the pool builder's work so far, but they are slooow. I don't think I have gotten speedy responses from them either, so I am trying to verify the end goal with them. Here is my current list of outstanding issues in our build. Any advice?

1) Sprinkler station for pool fill
2) Light broken in spa
3) returns plumbed
4) extra rock delivered ( this will make pavestones between the two porches, we will do ourselves)
5) diving board (hello..when does that get put in?)
6) remote for pool
7) pool overflow pipe - not complete, needs pop up? - yea, overflow put in (imrodee's advice!), but the pipe is just hanging out on the outside of the decking.
8) sprinkler reroute (contracted for them to create stations around pool, in beds)
10) deck sealed

I just this second got home... Oh girl, you are getting sooooo close!!!!! YOUR POOL WILL BE SPARKLY VERY SOON!!! It looks so nice with the decking! I really like the flagstone walkways. Your rock guy did a nice tidy job on your spa and coping. I'm still getting bits of flakes in the pool from the flagstone - (not the salt's fault...............yet.) You'll want the shedding pretty much done before you get your deck sealed. I may have to go over the grotto falls again. The guy sealed it, then turned the falls on...... :hammer: It was an accident - stuff happens.

1) Sprinkler station for pool fill
2) Light broken in spa :shock:
3) returns plumbed
4) extra rock delivered ( this will make pavestones between the two porches, we will do ourselves)
5) diving board (hello..when does that get put in?) :lol:
6) remote for pool Is it attached, or handheld?
7) pool overflow pipe - not complete, needs pop up? - yea, overflow put in (imrodee's advice!), but the pipe is just hanging out on the outside of the decking. Mine is actually a pvc pipe that leads out to the yard. I'll snap a pic in the daytime. I'd rather have a pop-up tho!
8) sprinkler reroute (contracted for them to create stations around pool, in beds)
10) deck sealed My PB just did ours this week (salt week)

This morning I was looking at the construction pics again on the computer.. (I have at least 100..) and it seems like it was so long ago our back yard was so torn up. Kinda like childbirth.. once the baby is here, you forget about the labor pains.

I promise it will all work out.. There are always going to be things that pop up.. Karmann had a little seal leak in his spa.. His PB was right on it. I was doing something over at the spa and smelled an electrical burning smell. :shock: I looked over and the "silencer" was smoking. :shock: :shock: :shock: I ran over and shut everything down and called the PB. Pentair overnighted a new one, and it was back up and running the next day. (Of course I was veryyyyy nervous and had the fire extinguisher closeby.!) It was a defective unit.. No troubles since. My only issue right now is that dang computer. It cost over $2,000 - and it pretty much turns on the lights, the cleaner and the spa. I think it is WAY more capable of doing other things.. PB says it's the software... well, that doesn't work for me.

Your pool is going to be FANTASTIC!!! You'll have your sparkly spa to jump in all winter long.. :snorkle:

:wave: Hey neighbor!

Glock, I hate that for you.. Communication, good or bad can make a HUGE difference in a transaction. That goes for any business.

Imrodee, I the pool remote is wireless. I am guessing they will give us that with the initial pool equipment, like the brush, skimmer etc. The pop ups work great. We had a problem with a gutter downspout totally draining out our flowerbed in the front. We installed some flexible tubing about 3" in diameter, buried in the flowerbed then out to the yard. Everytime we get a good rain, the pop up flows the extra water into our yard. I am guessing I will have to put the one on the pipe for the overflow. I was wondering how the salt would affect the plant life? I am guessing not much, since the concentration is low.

Glock - Communication is key, that drives me nuts about the builder we chose. They are doing such a great job and addressing all of our concerns, so I don't think I would chose another builder if given the chance..but dang!

See, I won't recommend my builder. I will recommend the PS if you want to pick it up but letting them do ANY installation will never be endorsed by me. I still have a skimmer that wont run my vacuum without taking in lots of air and I still have a piece of corner cove that is about a foot away from the corner. They do not know what a call back is. No lie, out of 27 promised callbacks I have gotten 0. I always have to call. The longest I ever gave them to return my call was a month.

@arvven... I'll have to check out the pop up!! I haven't had to backwash in weeks, so I'm not sure what saltwater will do yet.. Lol! I guess we'll find out soon enough!!

@ glock. Boy, that's too bad about your pb.. Sorry your having that stress. Like this isn't stressful enough???

Go cowboys!

Update on where they are

1) Sprinkler station for pool fill - Done..so excited to get this! Paid $150 to took up the extra station
2) Light broken in spa - Light delivered, waiting on electrician, needs to be done before pre-plaster/fence inspection
3) returns plumbed - done plastering day they said
4) extra rock delivered - done
5) diving board - won't be installed until there is water in the pool, per code
6) remote for pool - pool school day
7) pool overflow pipe w/pop up - done
8) sprinkler reroute - done
10) deck sealed - done

Fence is also complete. I will post pics this weekend.

Go Cowboys!!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.