New construction in Dallas TX

Darn. They are coming to hook up our gas this week from the meter to the heater. Then we should be 100% finished. I haven't pushed the PB because he was really, really busy... and I didn't need the spa heated this past week anyhow. That could change. I can't believe the rain we are getting either!!

bigdav160 said:
I know it's too late but is that flex tubing running from the main drain?

I wonder how flex pipe handles the suction from the pump?

Schedule 40 flex is not a problem on the suction side (although It should be avoided), unless it kinks, or the pump is stupidly oversized (in which case cavitation and other issues will rear their ugly heads).

Today they finished the electric gas and p-trap..inspection tomorrow on the p-trap and gas. They finished the install of all the pool equipment and the Easytouch controller. They finished the small tile around the boarder and rock facing around the spa. The moss rock finish is last. I hope to get pics tomorrow! The tile we picked is natural brown tones that blend with the rock. No blue. I remember choosing between this and the blue and as is my usual, decided to go different and not get the blue..haha I hope it comes together like I am hoping. This is the fun part!!

Arvven, we almost went with the brown!! Lol!! That's how I knew karmann's tile.. :-D
just look how great his is!!

One thing about the moss rock.. I have a flower bed between the spa and the grotto. I have noticed that when I'm in the pool, I can see dirt that has rolled inform the flower bed area into the pool. Ask your stone mason to try to not let the rocks roll water or dirt into the pool. I'll take some pics to show you. I'll have to come up with a fix for ours. One thing is, once I find my palm tree or whatever for there, I'm putting lava rocks in to cover the dirt. I put two yucca plants in already to see how they look, and I think they look ok... But it still needs something..

Good luck on your inspections tomorrow!!! See, we didn't have to have inspections, being out here in the Country. That's another reason our PB could march right along. The city inspector came out once to approve the permit.. And that was it! fingers crossed!

Arvven, we almost went with the brown!! Lol!! That's how I knew karmann's tile.. :-D
just look how great his is!!

One thing about the moss rock.. I have a flower bed between the spa and the grotto. I have noticed that when I'm in the pool, I can see dirt that has rolled inform the flower bed area into the pool. Ask your stone mason to try to not let the rocks roll water or dirt into the pool. I'll take some pics to show you. I'll have to come up with a fix for ours. One thing is, once I find my palm tree or whatever for there, I'm putting lava rocks in to cover the dirt. I put two yucca plants in already to see how they look, and I think they look ok... But it still needs something..

Good luck on your inspections tomorrow!!! See, we didn't have to have inspections, being out here in the Country. That's another reason our PB could march right along. The city inspector came out once to approve the permit.. And that was it! fingers crossed!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I probably have more pics than necessary, but this is my favorite part..making it go from a concrete hole to pretty pool!

Attachments

• pool0821_3a.jpg
    pool0821_3a.jpg
    228.6 KB · Views: 162
  • pool0821_2a.jpg
    pool0821_2a.jpg
    126.7 KB · Views: 161
  • pool0821_5.jpg
    pool0821_5.jpg
    350.2 KB · Views: 161
The have one more day on tile and coping..Flagstone border around the pool and moss rock to finish off the spa and along the back. Question..will they put the Flagstone prior to decking? Our decking will be the aggregate cement, so I wasn't sure.

Failed the gas/ptrap inspection. The city wanted to have the air pressure test still setup, but the builder attached the equipment and tore it down. The city also tagged the pressure gauge on the gas as invalid because it didn't have a calibration/expiration date on the gauge used in the test.

The city is giving them heck and I think it's awesome..lol

Yes, the flagstone goes on before the decking.. That is awesome that the City is on top of them!!! That has to make you feel good.

Arvven, your pool is beautiful!!! I love your tile and flagstone!! The mossrock looks great around the spa!! We got in our spa for the first time last night and it was HEAVENLY!!!!! Wine, stars and water... good mix!! :party:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.