New Construction - Equipment Pad

BrianSmith05

Jan 9, 2021
Houston
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Hi TFP Members,

We are almost done with our pool build(03/2021); I’m looking for feedback on equipment pad installation/type. Our pool builder decided to use pre-fabricated concrete slabs (3) for the equipment. My expectation going in was they would pour a concrete slab. Having never had a pool, I never would have guessed they would use pre-fab slabs. My mistake, I guess.

After the fact I asked the pool builder to change the slabs out for a poured slab; I’m looking long term to prevent issues that would require resetting the equipment or pad due to washout and settling. The equipment is all piped together across three separate pre-fab slabs.

So, am I wasting my time typing this out or is this a real issue? What do you have...Poured Slab or Pre-Fabricated?

Thanks!

We have landscape block on gravel surrounded by river rock. Very uncommon but it works. My first choice would be a poured slab (with all pipes coming up a few inches outside of the slab).

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.