New Construction - Equipment Pad

BrianSmith05

Jan 9, 2021
Houston
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Hi TFP Members,

We are almost done with our pool build(03/2021); I’m looking for feedback on equipment pad installation/type. Our pool builder decided to use pre-fabricated concrete slabs (3) for the equipment. My expectation going in was they would pour a concrete slab. Having never had a pool, I never would have guessed they would use pre-fab slabs. My mistake, I guess.

After the fact I asked the pool builder to change the slabs out for a poured slab; I’m looking long term to prevent issues that would require resetting the equipment or pad due to washout and settling. The equipment is all piped together across three separate pre-fab slabs.

So, am I wasting my time typing this out or is this a real issue? What do you have...Poured Slab or Pre-Fabricated?

Thanks!

bmoreswim

Mod Squad
Gold Supporter
Platinum Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
Jul 16, 2012
Central MD
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-15)
We have landscape block on gravel surrounded by river rock. Very uncommon but it works. My first choice would be a poured slab (with all pipes coming up a few inches outside of the slab).

Jimrahbe

Mod Squad
TFP Expert
LifeTime Supporter
Jul 7, 2014
Bedford, TX
with all pipes coming up a few inches outside of the slab).

This is an absolute must.. You never want to have the pipes come up through a concrete pad.. Someday you will want to repair or replace something..

Thanks,

Jim R.

Thread Status
Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.