New Build... Watkinsville, GA.

SO happy to hear you and your family are enjoying the pool and area! :party: THAT is what it is all about!!

Snakes and critters-my deck box does not have holes in the bottom. If it did I WOULD find a way to seal it up but in such a way I could drain it if needed. Got to keep the critters out!

Ahhhhhhh I got ya now! I think it might be hard to find any flush with the ground and it might not be a good idea as moisture could cause stuff to grow there like algae and such. My thinking would be to put something under the legs to raise it up some so it will not be as inviting for the critters.

king snakes, garter snakes, rat snakes...those don't bother me. But we do have a LOT of copperheads around here. I also ran across a pygmy rattlesnake in the yard while they were building the pool. Those I don't like messing with and hate the risk of getting bitten when I have to kill them. I'm wondering if snake repelling plants, or Snake Away powder will work? What about Frog Logs?

I would totally provide an escape route if I lived where creatures might become entrapped in my pool.

Amazon showed this to me earlier today.

I have a 5' high APG, so it's super unnecessary for me. But seems like a good thing if I had dying critters. And I didn't want to kill them.

So, today, my pH was up to 7.8, from 7.2 yesterday. My chlorine levels are still at 5, so they aren't moving. My salt content was down to around 3000ppm. Is this normal fluctuation day to day, or is there a reason my pH levels went up and my salt levels went down?

Salt levels only change via water exchange or adding salt. There is testing error of +/-200 ppm with the K1766.

pH jump is due to aeration of the pool water, a very high TA, and/or the addition of a chemical to raise it.

So, I'm testing again in the morning. But, if pH did, indeed, jump from 7.2 to 7.8, do I just add some muriatic acid? I did add some fresh water to the pool, due to evaporation, after the top step was exposed. It's 95 here and no rain the past week. So, could that have raised the pH, from the added fresh water? Will it most likely resolve itself, or do I need to go ahead and add the muriatic acid tomorrow and bring the pH back down?

If your CH is not above 350 ppm, and your TA is not above 100 ppm, when pH reaches 8, lower it to 7.6. If your TA is above 100 ppm, lower the pH to 7.4 when pH reaches 8.

You use muriatic acid to lower your pH. Use Poolmath for amounts. You need current pH and TA, and your target pH.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
So, my testing was off. My Chlorine was not that high. My pH was high, but a bottle of muriatic acid fixed that. Apparently, tilting the bottle on the chlorine test throws off the results. The pool store kept getting results in the 4.5 range and I broke out my testing kit in the store. I got the same result as earlier. When the guy saw my results, he tested his again. Then, he said sometimes tilting the bottle makes the drops smaller, and skews the results. When I dropped from the bottle complete inverted, they were the same as his. One of those things you just don't think about. Anyway, all my other levels were spot on. And a bottle of acid fixed my pH. So, good to go for now.

Reactions: Shirker
102646FF-7D2F-4471-9E78-EBD08C054B4D.jpeg224002F2-DA3F-4A75-ACA2-E6CBA94DAA31.jpeg70689BA3-8AA8-4694-93AD-D5DE78AA0A3C.jpeg835CFBDE-86DF-4180-B357-4D2D61E44224.jpeg47422C75-9D11-478D-9974-FCEF989F0A35.jpeg718BCB20-87CA-4B3B-ACD8-7C1757207687.jpegSorry to revive this thread, but I never posted pictures of the final product. This weekend, we had 11 adults and 11 kids over to watch the UGA game. Many spent the night and we had an awesome weekend. We watched our kids play and laugh. We hung out with friends and had dinner and a few drinks. We saw our dreams for why we built the pool come to life. We had a great time and all the headaches, problems, money spent and broken things are worth it. 102646FF-7D2F-4471-9E78-EBD08C054B4D.jpeg224002F2-DA3F-4A75-ACA2-E6CBA94DAA31.jpeg70689BA3-8AA8-4694-93AD-D5DE78AA0A3C.jpeg

LOL....I just noticed the beer. That was mine. But, the little girls are adorable. The one on the right is mine. The one on the left is my wife's best friend's daughter. They are as cute as they can be together, and seeing them in the pool enjoying it together was amazing. This weekend was really, really good.

Reactions: frogabog
Something to note... pools and glass don't mix well. Finding all the glass that could possibly go into the pool after an accident is an exercise in futility, at best.

Oh, and I did not actually think the little ones were drinking beer... It's a really cute photo!!

Well aware on the glass. I normally don't have glass near the water, but have a few times when there are no kids near, or in, the pool. I'm well aware of how hard glass is to clean up....I have a 24' bay boat and won't let glass near my boat.

I should make note of this.

I used to think the only good beer was in glass, but with all the breweries around here, they're all doing cans. It's more to do with the beer than the container apparently.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.