New Build - Oceanside, CA - Tile Picking Time!

geometric pattern of the light gray tile as the big wall
OHHHHHH that could be SO striking!!! So how big is this big wall? The reason I ask is if the tile will fit without any cutting from top to bottom and side to side. IF they need to be cut it needs to be well planned so it can be in the middle top/bottom & side to side. Your installers will need to be skilled AND willing to have pride in their work to get it just right IF needs to be cut!

I LOVE the blue tiles you have picked for it as well!

I really like the greenish subway tile in the first picture. Of the glass, I like the multi. I think it adds more interest. What is the 6x6 tile for?

So it has been a merry-go-round of tile choices. We have a new set of options. The former tiles have been eliminated and we are now down to these with the two biggest contenders being bottom right and top left. This was taken on an overcast day, but the tiles on the top left are pretty shiny. These would be for the spillway and waterline. The pool was shot today, so we will be taking a few more pics against the wall this weekend. More to come.

IMG_20220519_180405030.jpgIMG_20220520_135330658.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I love all of those tiles! You can't go wrong with any of them!!!

In reference to your pool being shoot:

SWEET!!! That looks great! Have you started bonding with it yet? aka watering it to help slow down the curing.

It is time for your set of links! The first set is all about what to do and ask about to get a great plaster job. The second set is all about how to care for your pool after you get the plaster.

Plaster links:
Ten Guidelines for Quality Pool Plaster Best one of all
All Plaster Finishes Should Last 20 Years
Not All Color Pigments are Good for Pools How to pick a good color for plaster.
A Plastering 'Watch List' | Professional Watershaping | Watershapes
Trouble Free Pool
Trouble Free Pool

Pool care links:
Print these out:
Pool School - Basic Pool Care Schedule
Pool School - Recommended Levels

Bookmark these:
Pool School - Recommended Pool Chemicals
Trouble Free Pool
Pool School - ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry

Now is also a good time to ask what test kit your PB will be providing so we can fill in any holes.

Kim:kim:

Reactions: AndyOside
I love all of those tiles! You can't go wrong with any of them!!!

In reference to your pool being shoot:

SWEET!!! That looks great! Have you started bonding with it yet? aka watering it to help slow down the curing.

It is time for your set of links! The first set is all about what to do and ask about to get a great plaster job. The second set is all about how to care for your pool after you get the plaster.

Plaster links:
Ten Guidelines for Quality Pool Plaster Best one of all
All Plaster Finishes Should Last 20 Years
Not All Color Pigments are Good for Pools How to pick a good color for plaster.
A Plastering 'Watch List' | Professional Watershaping | Watershapes
Trouble Free Pool
Trouble Free Pool

Pool care links:
Print these out:
Pool School - Basic Pool Care Schedule
Pool School - Recommended Levels

Bookmark these:
Pool School - Recommended Pool Chemicals
Trouble Free Pool
Pool School - ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry

Now is also a good time to ask what test kit your PB will be providing so we can fill in any holes.

Kim:kim:
Thanks for all the info. I have some homework to do.

We started watering it yesterday, and I am watering it 3 times a day. My PB told us we must water twice a day for two weeks, and if I could do three, that would be better.

We will put in our tile selections tomorrow AM.

Andy

I LOVE all of them...................................SO hard to pick!!!!

So I am leaning towards the solid blue ones as it looks like it sparkles mores!!! I am all about the BLING! My least fav but still love it is the lighter colored one. Good luck picking ONE

Reactions: AndyOside
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.