New Build NW Arkansas

How well does that tiller work? My fear of using one was that it would be hard to control the accuracy and would wind up cutting down too far. I'm mostly within an inch with my dig so it may be to late for me to use one.

Good question. We used a shovel and a laser transit when setting our stones as well as a ring that is about 1 foot wide. We initially eyeballed the inside of the pool. The area that the ring sits on as well as the supports are the most important to get right. Think about it, it's what is supporting the liner and would need to be most level. With the inside of the pool, it needs to be level, but it does not have to be dead level like the '1 foot ring'. We are shooting for within an inch for the middle. We'd like it to be level for 'foot feel' and no deep areas.

To answer your question, the tiller works great at breaking up the soil, albeit you have to go back with a shovel and remove the dirt and then rake up the rocks. I have rocks ranging from pea size to those twice as big as a softball UGH... I hate rocks.. but it's the area I live in.

My son in the law the electrician crawled through the crawlspace and ran some 6-3 wire from the a 60amp breaker to this outdoor box. Intermatic timer to follow as well as SWG one of these days... To this box, will add some GFI breakers for the pump and/or other outside goodies. Now I just wish the rain would stop... It's slowing up progress.

SWEET! You are going to LOVE the bottom with those pads. I tried to talk my hubby into that but it was a no go :(

How *fun* was the liner to install?? Many adult words followed by cold beers?

Kim:kim:
YES! It was a J-hook liner and it was super tight. So tight that the Shop Vac was doing very little to pull in the liner. But we worked it until no bottom wrinkles only a few in the sides, but then with about 6 inches of water, the side wrinkles went away.

We did have a few issues with side walls denting in. I'm thinking it was partly due to my grandkids sliding back and forth with only inches of pool water in the pool and running into the sides. I was concerned and first... almost worried, but I said.. 'Dang the torpedoes" and continued to fill. About 1/4 of the way and all the dents were completely gone as the liner stretched. We had a torrential rain downpour a couple days ago that added around 4 inches of water to the pool and I did a bit last night. I'm about 8 inches from the return, so slow going until I get the level right before installing the skimmer and return.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Nicely done. If you are at or over half full you can install the skimmer and return at any time now. The liner isn't going to stretch much if anymore from here on out. It also much easier to install those bits before the water is close enough to start splashing into the work area.

• Love
Reactions: Pantseatflyer
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.