New Build Northern California Spring 2020

The hole for the sweep is fine the way it is. You will not even see it once there is water in the pool.

What I am curious about is how is the other end of the pipe connected at the pool pad?

Things were going so well.....and then the start up guy started the pump and the water came gushing out of the heater 😞
They will be sending a guy out to bypass the heater in the morning so we can continue with the start up. Then we will need to wait for Pentair to send another heater under warranty. In the meantime, I think I will take my TF-100 tester kit and practice checking the water.
11DD14D6-B078-42B9-BEF9-49721DD764DF.jpeg

The plaster guys are done (yay), but they said we should have a fitting for the pool sweep. We didn‘t buy a sweep as we had decided to go with a robot. Is this hole ok to remain without a fitting over it, or should we see if we can purchase a fitting for it somewhere?
View attachment 147583
If it has threads then it is a suction fitting and definitely needs to be shut for safety reasons. Its normally a cap with a spring you can find them on Amazon, for example ATIE Pool Free Rotation Pool Vacuum Vac Lock Safety Wall Fitting W400BWHP

If it has threads then it is a suction fitting and definitely needs to be shut for safety reasons. Its normally a cap with a spring you can find them on Amazon, for example ATIE Pool Free Rotation Pool Vacuum Vac Lock Safety Wall Fitting W400BWHP

It is not a suction fitting and the pipe is not even connected at the pad. It was setup for a pressure cleaner.

This is the new Pentair 400k heater that the water is gushing from. The company who installed it is saying that the heater must be defective (he has not come out to look at it, just saw the video I sent him). We shut down the pump immediately after this happened. We will have to sit tight until they come look at it tomorrow.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Tell us which startup guide you are using so we can follow along.

Our plasterer told us to use the Start Tech during the filling of the pool. My husband is very apprehensive to let me use my new found knowledge here to start up the pool. He has agreed to let me maintain it after its been started up.
The “pool” guy was out today to “start up“ the pool, he added:
liquid chlorine
baking soda
and something else powder but with the heater mishap I forgot to ask him what it was.

I tested the water about an hour after he left.
FC-3.5
PH- 6.8
TA-60
CH-50
CYA-20
We have brushed it 3-4 times today 😁
Should be able to start up the pump tomorrow morning once the heater is bypassed

That something else powder was probably stabilizer if you found CYA in the water.

Your water chemistry looks decent. Retest it a few hours after your pump is running.

I haven't looked back at the thread. Have you tested the pH and TA of your fill water?

SWEET! That is looking pretty already! The true color will show up in a little while. It might have a greener look as the plaster cures and we get the water balanced.

Go ahead and test your water coming out of the hose you will use to top off the water. I think you should also run some of that same water down to a pool store (WHAT???) to get it tested for metals. They will want to test it for everything but ignore what they say about everything except the metal test.

:shock: on the heater~!!!!! HOLY POOP!!

Kim:kim:

Reactions: Slmcveigh72
SWEET! That is looking pretty already! The true color will show up in a little while. It might have a greener look as the plaster cures and we get the water balanced.

Go ahead and test your water coming out of the hose you will use to top off the water. I think you should also run some of that same water down to a pool store (WHAT???) to get it tested for metals. They will want to test it for everything but ignore what they say about everything except the metal test.

:shock: on the heater~!!!!! HOLY POOP!!

I’m on it! I’ll run a sample down this morning.

Reactions: kimkats
My first Saturday morning pool test, hopefully I did it right.
The water looks clear, it’s just COLD (65 degrees, brrr). It has been over 100 degrees the past couple days and looks like it will continue for the coming week.
PH-7.5
FC-3
CC-0
TC-3
CH-125
TA-80
CYA-20
We had our well water tested yesterday and there was no Iron or Copper in the water. The pool guy said we could get in and swim this weekend, which is pretty exciting!

I have chills for you! YOU finally have a POOL!!!!! How sweet is that!!!!!!!!!! SO happy to hear you do not have any metals in your well water. I am also on a well and my water is so sweet and clear. I am guessing yours is too!

So looking at your start up guide what do YOU think you need to do? well other than jump in and do a polar bear plunge! hehe

Reactions: Slmcveigh72
I have chills for you! YOU finally have a POOL!!!!! How sweet is that!!!!!!!!!! SO happy to hear you do not have any metals in your well water. I am also on a well and my water is so sweet and clear. I am guessing yours is too!

So looking at your start up guide what do YOU think you need to do? well other than jump in and do a polar bear plunge! hehe

I just saw the last part of your comment. I have been testing the water the days that the pool guy doesn’t come. The Pool Math app makes it so easy to input my numbers and keep track of what’s going on with the water! I am sitting back and letting him do his thing, even though I really want to jump in and take over, lol. He‘s only here for 4 weeks to get the pool “started” and then we will take over.
On another note, we get to unbox our robot and suck up all the dirt at the deep end of the pool today, yay!!!

• Love
Reactions: kimkats

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.