New Build Northern California Spring 2020

Slmcveigh72

Jul 18, 2017
Placerville, ca
We have concrete pouring on Tuesday:giggle:
Before the concrete is poured, does this configuration look right to you?
The company that is installing the equipment is telling us they will be putting the intellicenter on the metal “H” (circled in red). For some reason I always imagined it would be mounted to the house? The metal seems too flimsy to hold that expensive Intellicenter, however, I have never done this before so I don’t really know.
Can anyone give me some feedback?
1A1A39E9-6AF9-47C8-8A08-FE4D4E170C79.jpeg9E08F886-8DF7-4665-8A35-4A9018336051.jpeg

kimkats

Mod Squad
LifeTime Supporter
Jul 10, 2012
Tallahassee, FL
Well first off you do NOT want the pipes to have concrete around them. If you ever need to get to them you will have to bust out the concrete so.........tell them no pouring around the pipes. They can pour the equipment pad behind the pipes. Then you will put stepping stones and rocks in front of the pipes for walking on.

The H.......go out there and lay hands on it..........it is firm? does it seem like it will bend or give WHEN someone trips on it or mis-steps and kicks it? If not then ask them to move it back to or by the wall. YOUR money YOUR way!

Reactions: Slmcveigh72

kimkats

Mod Squad
LifeTime Supporter
Jul 10, 2012
Tallahassee, FL
I would ping the PB and let him know about the change of the plans for the pour so they will be ready with new forms and a way to cut the metal around the pipes.

I just something else! There NEEDS to be "chairs" under the steel. They can be pieces of foam, brick, etc. anything that gets the steel off the ground. Now they might try to say "We will pick it up with our hands" NOPE! You and I both know that heavy steel will sink AND they will be walking on it so...........

You are going to have your hands full when they show up on Tuesday. Head up, shoulders back, smile on face, cooler full of cold drinks and maybe some yummies will help them come to your way of thinking faster! I will be thinking about you!

Kim:kim:

Reactions: Slmcveigh72

Slmcveigh72

Jul 18, 2017
Placerville, ca
Thank you. Unfortunately, there isn‘t really a PB to call. We started this process with an excavation company who markets themselves as pool builders, they said we could OB and they would help to guide us through the process. As soon as we signed the contract they became very hard to deal with and then COVID hit and they stopped working. I called and asked them to let us out of our contract so we could find someone to help us get this pool built. They responded that they would have their guys come out as long as they could social distance and wear masks. We said “no problem” and the rebar and plumber came out a few days later. We have struggled with this company right from the get go, including having to have them re-do the size of the spa, having to get forceful about the Intelicenter with the IC60, failing inspection because of only having 3 grounds, and so on....
I can’t imagine getting through this process without TFP. @kimkatz you have truly been a life saver to me through this process!
I probably would have abandoned this project by now if I didn’t have you all to lean on :cheers:

kimkats

Mod Squad
LifeTime Supporter
Jul 10, 2012
Tallahassee, FL
As soon as we signed the contract they became very hard to deal with and then COVID hit and they stopped working. I called and asked them to let us out of our contract so we could find someone to help us get this pool built. They responded that they would have their guys come out as long as they could social distance and wear masks. We said “no problem” and the rebar and plumber came out a few days later.
sigh........................bad people! SO bad gurrrrrrrrrrrr

I can’t imagine getting through this process without TFP. @kimkatz you have truly been a life saver to me through this process!
I probably would have abandoned this project by now if I didn’t have you all to lean on
Okay so you know what should and should NOT be done now. I would even go as far as getting spray paint to paint where you want the steel removed from. Get some cardboard or something big you can write on.............DO NOT PUT CONCRETE HERE kind of thing.

Do you have a fence you can lock? I would think about locking it so they cannot come in without you talking to them first.

Want to fly me out there to take care of them for you LOL

Kim:kim: