New Build KY

bc9312296628ef5555b7ddbe9c27bf53.png

Cya still dissolving. Just got my brush pole today so I’ll have it all in tomorrow. All in all pretty happy with my numbers. Salt cell on 30%

Pump now controlled with my aquaplus. Timers set for pump. I read that you can only set 2 timers but I have 4. I’ll dial those in as I get used to the pool. Will try to get down to 2.

Robot has been through one cycle now on another. I got in and wiped down all the dust and concrete drips from the side and coping. Finally I labeled my plumbing.

d16c06311ac13340bc2f0a0925eee724.jpg

72046b590897dc590d8b85ec8616a267.jpg

I ordered one of these because the concrete is killing my knees

4b83b93e219d83ca6567b94b3221b839.png

And I asked PB what he charges for additional poles and one of those safety hooks since we have so many littles here. He’s bringing one— complimentary. Seriously nice guy.

Son in law is at Lowe’s as we speak buying fencing material.

As soon as babies get up from their nap we go to the pool for the first family swim!

It’s called pool water collector. I can’t wait to get it. Knees on brushed concrete. Ouch.

I also ordered a shorter pole because it connects to the brush pole. I ordered a 96 inch one. Still long but it telescopes and should be good

aa7fa213d6fbe30c838da886917f5efe.png

I checked chemicals after the family went swimming. TA down slightly FC a bit higher. CYA all dissolved. I turned down my salt cell to 15%. It was on 30. Will wait until tomorrow to see where things are. The kids are so happy!

88848587e80031062d80a05574e0d8ba.jpg

You are doing a great job, tending to your pool, I am right behind you hoping next weekend we’ll be experiencing the same happiness

One of the things that made my transition from watching to doing was studying all my installation and operation manuals particularly for the automation. Having that out of the way and working perfectly made it really easy to concentrate on the water.

Also I tested my fill water to remember how to get through the tests. My daily testing plan is to get to know my pool and its requirements and be proactive rather than reactive.

Next step once I know it’s requirements with a little predictability it’s time for son in law and daughter to learn.

You are right around the corner from enjoying that pool!!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
One of the things that made my transition from watching to doing was studying all my installation and operation manuals particularly for the automation. Having that out of the way and working perfectly made it really easy to concentrate on the water.

Also I tested my fill water to remember how to get through the tests. My daily testing plan is to get to know my pool and its requirements and be proactive rather than reactive.

Next step once I know it’s requirements with a little predictability it’s time for son in law and daughter to learn.

You are right around the corner from enjoying that pool!!

the waiting is almost excruciating however.

the waiting is almost excruciating however.

Soon. Very soon. Son in law started the fence today. Post lamps got put in. Slide, diving board and auto cover go in tomorrow.

The bigs 6 and 3 got to swim while the twins napped. The baby monitor reaches to the pool!

I have got to tell you even though it’s basic I love my aquaplus and aquapod. I can’t believe I didn’t know about this with my previous pools.

c9d32a83b8650a26c8c3a47e2f2fbf52.png

Dialing it in. Added 3 lbs of cya. TA down slightly. I think my pool volume may be slightly off. PB says about 22k. Pool calculator says 26k. I may split the difference and call it 24k.

e02618001dc725583e78f6c1f81471d6.jpg

Slide, diving board, and auto cover were installed today. Son in law and farm hand did dirt work and worked on fence

Checked chemicals tonight. pH up a bit. FC with SWG on 25% maintaining at 4.5. Had very sunny day today. I have added one gal 10% in all to this pool and that was my first addition. Added 3 more lbs CYA but it’s not dissolved yet. I’ll get it all in tomorrow.

So now for question. The biggest part of the time I run my pump at 25%. It runs 50% when we are most likely to be swimming. There is circulation but pump is quiet. I run 100%. So when does SWG generate? When on 100 or 75 so perhaps longer on those speeds or higher % ? What say you? There’s no filtering at 25% so I think that’s kind of worthless?

Why do you feel there is not filtering at 25%. I would think that if water is being pulled into the skimmer by the pump it is going to and through the filter and back out to the pool by the returns.

I THINK if your pump is on your SWG is producing chlorine. I am going to call in someone to help you and me with this as I don't really understand it either. If anyone knows jump on in and teach us!

Kim:kim:

i dont get what u r trying to say. i run my pump at 1600 rpm and it is wicked quiet. i also run at 3200 for a few hours a day. my cell is at 30 percent right now cause it has been hot. that percent keeps me at the same fc at am and then also at pm end of the day within .5 ppm. whether i'm at 1600 rpm or 3200 rpm the cell turns on at random times. 30 percent of a 24 hr period it runs. sometimes i catch that the cell is on sometimes i don't but it's random. it's not just at a period of time when the pump is at a certain percent on running. if the pump is off i get no cell production.

is that what u r trying to see?

i dont get what u r trying to say. i run my pump at 1600 rpm and it is wicked quiet. i also run at 3200 for a few hours a day. my cell is at 30 percent right now cause it has been hot. that percent keeps me at the same fc at am and then also at pm end of the day within .5 ppm. whether i'm at 1600 rpm or 3200 rpm the cell turns on at random times. 30 percent of a 24 hr period it runs. sometimes i catch that the cell is on sometimes i don't but it's random. it's not just at a period of time when the pump is at a certain percent on running. if the pump is off i get no cell production.

is that what u r trying to see?

Yes. I wasn’t sure when the swg runs. Thanks

Also Kim my filter pressure is 0 when on really low speed. I chose percents as it was easier for me to quickly think about it.

Yes. I wasn’t sure when the swg runs. Thanks

Also Kim my filter pressure is 0 when on really low speed. I chose percents as it was easier for me to quickly think about it.

i have pentair. just check to see if the hayward works the same way.

when i run my pump at 1600 rpm my pressure is only 3.5 so u very well might only be seeing barely a reading based on how ur pressure gauge is marked. mine is in .5 increments.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.