New Build KY

Thanks for the compliments on my pool! For those who think the TFP is difficult or time consuming think again! It’s really easy especially with a SWG. I don’t know why I didn’t get one with the last pool? Testing takes minutes.

c43e12bc85badc30b17e0e7c89bca7ae.jpg

One tiny section and the self closing and self locking gate to build and install

Hey there, hope your pool is doing great. As hot as it has been have you had to add any water yet? I seemed to have noticed this evening mine may have dropped an inch maybe.. just wondering?

My pool is doing fantastic. I have an auto cover and usually cover it at night. I added about an inch of water in the first 2 weeks but I think that was the PB using buckets of pool water to flush a lot of dirt off concrete and my SIL used it when pouring the quick set for the fencing posts. Other than that not much. I do remember my last pool that wasn’t covered had a lot of evaporation when it was hot though. It’s been hot!! So I think it wouldn’t be unusual to add a little every now and then.

5801a8731933984106b58bc571386ee6.jpg

f185308537d346dc7b3010ddb369daab.jpg

I took the family to gatlinburg for a quick getaway. DD was feeling a little caged in with 4 littles. Pool did great and I had our farm hand open the cover while he worked to let it breath.

I had an organizing morning today. I put together a toy shed/deck box and hung hooks for pool tools. Slowly but surely. I have a large pile of field stone that needs to be moved into the landscaping.

And then I heard a chick crying. We have a couple of hens in the cow barn that hatched about 6 chicks and they are sharing the raising duties. I thought maybe they were missing one. Nope walked in the chicken barn and another chicken has hatched 8 chicks. Then in another part of the barn one of the turkeys hatched 2 chicks. Not turkey poults but chickens. They will sit on any eggs and hatch them but since they have been terrible mothers I scooted those two chicks over to the Rhode Island Red hen and she took them. SIL will be thrilled. Not. He thinks I have too many chickens.

62f844ae3ce8099462a5325737dff446.jpg

The fence looks awesome!!! Know you had a sense of relief when the gate was hung!

I am really loving that liner color! So rich and vibrant!

Glad to hear the pool behaved while you were gone. Sounds like a fun and needed trip for all!

Poor SIL and the new chicks! Bet he does not mind the eggs and fried chicken they provide!

Kim:kim:

The fence looks awesome!!! Know you had a sense of relief when the gate was hung!

I am really loving that liner color! So rich and vibrant!

Glad to hear the pool behaved while you were gone. Sounds like a fun and needed trip for all!

Poor SIL and the new chicks! Bet he does not mind the eggs and fried chicken they provide!

So true although that gate isn’t done yet. He needs two days to do gate so we have a temp gate made out of a pallet. Grrrr. He had to get fence done before gatlinburg which he did. He’s off Thursday and Friday so it should be done by the weekend. The kids can’t move the pallet and they don’t go outside without an adult present at their ages so keeping the animals out is key for now.

I seriously can’t get over this gorgeous water! Even DD commented on how blue it is! The twins got to swim today but DD didn’t snap a picture. They are learning to negotiate the steps without toppling over. They are busy busy busy! In and out and over again.

605f1f75b508f516bf5d9bd95d11e450.jpg

16f3877c3f87cc180de39da8b15e179f.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Hey Moo! I shared those neat puddle jumpers with someone today for their little! They loved them! Now lets make sure I told them the "truth". If they fall forward does the puddle jumper "turn them over"?

That is so cute they are learning how to walk on the steps without going over. They will sleep good tonight!!!

They have to learn how to keep their butts down in the water. Their butts may float up but if they hold their head up their face will not go in the water. If their butt floats forward their head lays in the water and they don’t like that. The puddle jumper‘s are required to be on if any children are on the concrete. The twins don’t mind wearing them. I put them in a small ring and make sure the front of the puddle jumper is pushed down in the front and they can float really easily. This way Moo can watch both of them while mom watches the two bigs. The constant attention to all the kids is exhausting. So the twins only swim for about an hour and then went in and took their nap.

There sure is a difference between boys and girls besides the obvious when they are little. Ryleigh Grace understood immediately to sit down on the concrete and put her feet on the first step and then sit down on the first step and put her feet on the second step. Reagan George on the other hand just wants to step down to the first step and then topples over and floats. Every single time over and over.

Finally got the rest of the dirt filled in my landscaping and rocks put in. I like it! Just have to wait for spring to add flowers for color.

3cbd8278e05a903313b760768b538691.jpg

c30ed0fe5d09dc36bff163d190c0df8d.jpg

And finally DD joined us in the pool after several weeks of no swimming for her. She hasn’t been feeling well since she is growing me a new grand baby! Yay me!

54ed563dcf36ffc6e1bdc9b6fd70231c.jpg

The days are getting shorter and colder. Next week may be our last week for comfortable swimming. I’ve always waited until the end of October to close my pool so we can hope. Pool temp today a chilly 81.

546688479f7ea102fbbe86cca7e3835f.jpg

And perfect TFP chemistry!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.