New Build Intex Ultra XTR 16x32x52" with Saltwater system

Caffeine Chemist

May 3, 2020
Houston, TX
Progress so far. Taken much longer than anticipated.

Before - dirt areas were piles of bricks before we finally hauled them off to the dump
1Before.jpg

Removing sod
2RemovingSod .jpg

Original plan was to run the pool parallel to the house. We changed our mind. that is why so much sod is gone
3SodGone_direction.jpg

Leveling took forever and I am still not entirely happy with it.
4Leveling.jpg

Note the pile of sod and dirt behind the garage. That is another project.
5AlmostLevel.jpg

We decided to go with 1" XPS foam boards. Expensive but more sturdy than 1/2". We used Gorilla tape on all seams.
6TapingFoamBoard.jpg

checked level just for fun. Side to side was level all the way down. Front to back still has a very small drop not sure how much at this point.
7FoamBoardClose (2).jpg

Nice!!!! And is that a Black Lab? He’s gonna really enjoy the pool. Those dogs LOVE to swim lol

He is some sort of a mix. He is a double rescue. He was saved from the street by the rescue group and then the first family gave him back after several months because they couldn't handle him. He has his forever home now.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
How long did it take you to level the area for the pool? Also, are your legs on pavers or wood? Your pool looks great! Looks like you did a pretty good job of leveling. We're going to start on that soon.

Off and on a few weeks. About 1 week longer than I planned.

Legs are on 4 in. x 16 in. x 16 in. Mobile Home Concrete Pad Blocks (Oldcastle 4 in. x 16 in. x 16 in. Mobile Home Concrete Pad Block-30151698 - The Home Depot)

I would recommend using a few water levels. Once my daughter and wife got good with them we moved quickly.

While the pavers are almost exactly what I want, the dirt is still not level as I would like it. The 1" XPS foam makes up for a lot of little sins. There is only one spot that I can feel the small divots in the soil underneath.

Thanks for the tips @Caffeine Chemist !

The only pavers I could find in my area are 4"x8"x16". I just checked my u-legs and they are 20 inches wide. So, I'll either have to put two together long wise or 3 together the short way. Trying to decide which would be better.

It'll probably be a few more weeks before we can get it set up since we're waiting on a SWG to be delivered. But it sounds like we need to get started on the leveling, since that might take awhile.

Nancy :flower:

Reactions: Caffeine Chemist
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.