New Build in West Houston Area - PB

Very exciting! Thanks for the update! Do you go out there and walk laps in the pool? Do sprints from and to end? Caught any neighborhood kids skateboarding in it yet? Will you have the bleach and acid tanks installed before the opening? Will the plaster start up PB be using them or bringing their own bleach and acid?

Very exciting! Thanks for the update! Do you go out there and walk laps in the pool? Do sprints from and to end? Caught any neighborhood kids skateboarding in it yet? Will you have the bleach and acid tanks installed before the opening? Will the plaster start up PB be using them or bringing their own bleach and acid?

Nope - too tired to do any laps or sprints. Got the deck prepped for rubber today. Mixing the rubber takes a while. Roughly 64 mixer loads to dry mix the colors together. 4,455 lbs of sbr rubber crumb. My back is feeling it. And we are only 1/3 of the way done...

I hope to have tanks installed and ready to go by end of week. Not sure who provides muriatic Acid for start-up. If it's not the plaster guys, then it will be me. I have 80 gallons on hand. Got my boric Acid, have an order for a 100 lbs canister of cya, got baking soda, and will be picking up 100 gal of 10% bleach on Thursday. I'm sure I'm missing something - but I'm too tired to think it through right now. :)

Got a long day of dry mixing and hopefully some wet mixing towards the end of the day tomorrow... then wet mixing all day Wednesday. Fun never stops here in HTX.

eca4ce3aa22f4479fa78f723dddbf103.jpg
f49c294fcbfb342f1311e0d1e74f4e36.jpg

Good morning! Your poor back! I bet it is feeling the work and it has more to come :( BUT it will be so worth it!

So did you come up with your own color mix or is it a "formula"? One big scoop of this, one little scoop of that......

When you say "wet" mix what is the wet stuff? I am guessing some kind of glue.

How do you put this down? even it out?

Good morning! Your poor back! I bet it is feeling the work and it has more to come :( BUT it will be so worth it!

So did you come up with your own color mix or is it a "formula"? One big scoop of this, one little scoop of that......

When you say "wet" mix what is the wet stuff? I am guessing some kind of glue.

How do you put this down? even it out?

â–¶ Poured In Place Rubber Installation Poured in Place Playground Surfacing Installation YouTube - YouTube

Yeah - binder. Just finished dry mixing and we are going to start troweling out binder mixed crumb in an hour or so...

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
wow just wow. and i thought i was going to have issues with my robot and my bench. that hottub is awesome but i bet you will have the same problems i do. ;) i suspect since you have 2 of everything you will have two pool sweeps? and did you forget the high dive?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.