New Build in West Houston Area - PB

22.jpg

Exciting package day! :)

Got everything I ordered except the borate test strips. I'll send them a note tonight....

Loving the progress!

One thing to check with the PB and you definitely don't have to take me as a credible source but that rebar seems from the picture to be sitting on the ground, even covered in a little dirt in some places. I think you want to use stand-offs to get the rebar off the ground such that it'll be in the middle of the concrete pad.

Loving the progress!

One thing to check with the PB and you definitely don't have to take me as a credible source but that rebar seems from the picture to be sitting on the ground, even covered in a little dirt in some places. I think you want to use stand-offs to get the rebar off the ground such that it'll be in the middle of the concrete pad.

Oh yeah - they are wheelbarrow-ing the concrete in so they leave it on the ground until they are to that section - then lift it onto stand-offs. No worries...

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Wow...so the truck stayed on the street or in the driveway? Any cracks? How many wheelbarrows did you have going back and forth? Did they screed the concrete with a board/level and just rough smooth with trowels/squeegees on sticks? Or maybe brush finished? This is really fascinating and so far looks awesome!

Having the deck finished makes such a huge difference!! It's going to add AWESOME to already AWESOME! I didn't see any stand-offs in those pictures. Just reassure me and tell me they did as they promised... (Suz - always the skeptic!)

Wow...so the truck stayed on the street or in the driveway? Any cracks? How many wheelbarrows did you have going back and forth? Did they screed the concrete with a board/level and just rough smooth with trowels/squeegees on sticks? Or maybe brush finished? This is really fascinating and so far looks awesome!

Yeah - truck stayed in the street. 6 guys ran wheel barrows and 4 guys worked the concrete. Pretty impressive rhythm. They filled the barrows to the brim - so by my napkin calculation, that's roughly 700 lbs a load. Strong dudes...

They screeded first with a piece of box vinyl siding trim, then floated it with a chain float - then came back and worked it with hand trowels and shin floats and finished it with a push broom.
84a708b7132306746341ac0d18080593.jpg

39824e83e360e65df2f79fa2e90b08dc.jpg
1815646efa46994ae44b5cbd0838c2ae.jpg
d6659d845359de4aff6e23ce3bc75698.jpg

Having the deck finished makes such a huge difference!! It's going to add AWESOME to already AWESOME! I didn't see any stand-offs in those pictures. Just reassure me and tell me they did as they promised... (Suz - always the skeptic!)

Yup - the rake man lifted the rebar after the guys poured that section and put bricks under the rebar as they went along. All good! :)

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.