New Build in The Woodlands TX - Update: Landscaping!

Hi pjt. Congratulation on your new pool. I noticed that you had Pentair neverlube valves in your initial list (your first post). However, Jandy valves have been installed in your equipment pad. I am wondering if it was for any specific reason?

I was actually pleasantly surprised when the plumber showed up with Jandy valves. I think they're the best in the industry, although I'm sure I'd be fine with Pentair valves too.

Reactions: tfp_fan
Congrats on your new pool! The workmanship on the tile, coping, and pergola look top notch. Your pool looks like a quality build.

I’m also from The Woodlands area and in the process of getting bids. If you don’t mind, I may PM you to see who you used.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Water is warm enough, so I connected the SWG this morning. (Coincidently, I'm almost out of liquid chlorine and didn't feel like going to the store.) :)

It's very satisfying to generate your own chlorine. I'm also very happy about the efficiency of the system overall. I'm running the pump 24/7 at 1,000 rpm, which is enough to close the flow switch on the SWG and provide good skimming. It costs me $5/month total in electricity. The needle on the pressure gauge is resting at zero. Some day I'll have to see how slow I can go.

2.jpg

1.jpg

Is your coping a travertine? That's a great color and I love the contrast with your decking. I'm having a hard time finding something like that. Also do you know what the color of the split face is on your wall between the columns?

Yes, the Colorado coping is travertine. Between the columns is silver split face.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.