NEW build in PA !!

It is a better safe than sorry thing. In a really hot area it is very needed.

What it does is help the curing process and helps lessen the cracks. Some cracks are normal though.

Your PB holds your warranty card so.,....

Kim:kim:

Well it's supposed to rain a little the next few days, and I'll add a little water too. Can only help I guess

Spring 2017 new build in PA ! //// Pool on a big hill //// IG SWG 800 sqft +100 sqft sun shelf + 50 sqft spa. //// All Jandy Pro series equipment (help me choose which models !) //// SGM River Rok or Diamond Brite (help me choose!) //// Stamped Concrete, Pavers, or Stone (help me choose ! )

Leaning towards black mini pebble stonescapes but I'm hoping to go see one in person before I pull the trigger.
6f4bac54aaa9dfd0d58739224b67bffb-1.jpg
aaafafb9a5856cce153d5c95205e4a0f-1.jpg

Spring 2017 new build in PA ! //// Pool on a big hill //// IG SWG 800 sqft +100 sqft sun shelf + 50 sqft spa. //// All Jandy Pro series equipment (help me choose which models !) //// SGM River Rok or Diamond Brite (help me choose!) //// Stamped Concrete, Pavers, or Stone (help me choose ! )

That is a very rich color. Just know that it is VERY important that your installers know what they are doing.........darker colors tend to molt more than lighter ones or I guess I should say it shows it more. It is all in the skills of the guys!

Your build looks really good. We chose to go with the dark bottom due to the open country surroundings. I agree with Kim on the pros and cons but I have confidence in my PB. I also looked at two pools with dark bottoms that my PB had done so I think we made a good choice. I have second guessed myself on tile choices but whats done is done and I will live with it. However, until I get water in the pool and let things settle the end result may very well come together as planned.

5d36759794f4a3fdb900e53608ced62a.jpg
0d86481f64bf589822d8b561aec9d94d.jpg
7fff1bbf186296d8beefb435d7c15116.jpg

The boulder wall and waterfall is holding up the rest of the project unfortunately. That's my update for now

26c577a5c9423f094d0562ef1ed56321.jpg

716af50552d64ce89799941979495c70.jpg

e3a4e687972d57f8739660ad6208dfcf.jpg
af89dba9980323ef95ad07aa4322a12c.jpg

Pretty much done! Took much much longer than expected so going to wait until after winter to plaster and fill. Does anyone have experience with letting a new build sit at this stage over winter?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Now that’s a landscape I can get excited about!!

Brings back good memories of four years ago.

No on your question but I remember a build thread by bobinbaltimore who did just that. No worries at all so long as safety isn’t an issue.

I keep going back to the pics. That is SO pretty!!!! WOWER to the max!!!!!

I would love to see a pic or 5 from the back of the pool towards the house.

All of the those stones and rocks! Did you get to pick and choose THE ones you wanted? Where do you get things like that from? How did they get to your house then to where you wanted them? What is the dark stuff around them?

Have you had a hard rain with runoff yet to test that the rain runoff does not get in the pool?

I remember one or two builds where they let the shell sit over the winter with no problems.

Thanks! Came out great, we love it. In PA, boulders aren't that expensive because they dig up tons of them at construction sites. I found a guy who specializes in Boulder work and he placed them where he thought they would look good. I let him do what he wanted. He brings them in by dump truck and moves them into place with an excavator .
That is brown mulch around the rocks and it looks darker because I've been watering it to compact it down to help make removing the leaves easier when they fall. We put a berm at the top where the mulch meets the grass so hoping that will redirect most water down and away. Haven't had a true downpour to test yet.

If u r stalling for winter a pa pool builder said you should half fill the shell so doesn’t turn into an ark over winter. My cousin who is in Harrisburg plastered in spring. His builder half filled the shell and then drained it in spring.

We get pretty heavy front thaws here. I was originally going to do the same but then we just decided to start earlier. I was going to half fill though also. My builder also recommended it.

Look awesome!

Thanks! I'll mention this to my builder

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.