New Build in New Braunfels, TX. Construction began 9/27/19.

I wonder if the bubblers can be adjusted with something like a directional eye so that they break the water in alignment. Outside of that I wouldn't touch the bubblers as moving the pipe could spell trouble down the road. My plan B would be to have the PB knock some $ off and go buy ledge loungers to put in between so you break up the visual a bit.

I wonder if the bubblers can be adjusted with something like a directional eye so that they break the water in alignment. Outside of that I wouldn't touch the bubblers as moving the pipe could spell trouble down the road.
Thanks for the suggestion. I'm not expecting much from the PB at this point to fix it, but offering him a possible solution is a good start.

My plan B would be to have the PB knock some $ off and go buy ledge loungers to put in between so you break up the visual a bit.
I have zero idea on what to even ask for as a discount for this as this feature and cost was a part of our initial build price and wasn't broken out. I anticipate the PB asking me exactly what amount I am expecting. Good call on the loungers. That will distract me, I'm sure. And if it keeps me from complaining about it all the time, my husband will likely fast track that purchase. :LOL:

I have zero idea on what to even ask for as a discount for this as this feature and cost was a part of our initial build price and wasn't broken out. I anticipate the PB asking me exactly what amount I am expecting. Good call on the loungers. That will distract me, I'm sure. And if it keeps me from complaining about it all the time, my husband will likely fast track that purchase. :LOL:

Well, the loungers are about $700 a piece. I would assume you would want 2 of them and a side table/umbrella holder between them may be a nice add on for another $300. $1,700 sounds like a good starting point for the bubbler mess up :) Heck the PB may get a discount if they are a ledge lounger dealer, so he may be willing to just buy them himself and throw them in to make you happy.

On a positive note, I LOVE our plaster color. It's exactly what I wanted but couldn't describe. There aren't a lot of pictures of Grenadine Gray out there to look at and our pb hadn't built one so I was really nervous about it.
Pictures are from our granddaughter's birthday party. Who needs a pony when you have Unicorn Rides! ?? Requested by the birthday girl and the best $30 I've spent in a while. She told her other grandma that it was the best day of her (6 year old) life. That alone makes this entire, messy journey worth it all already. ❤

Attachments

• 20200104_152618.jpg
    20200104_152618.jpg
    470.9 KB · Views: 80
  • 20200104_151715.jpg
    20200104_151715.jpg
    495.8 KB · Views: 80
Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: kimkats
Lol i have that float and 2 Narwhwals to match.

I've said it a few times before but it now applies to you to. Pretty soon your biggest decisions will be hamburgers/ribs and what kind of drinks/sides to gowith..... While you make many more 'best day ever's.

• Love
Reactions: shonda_gonzalez

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Update: PB gave us a $1500 credit, agreed to replace the cover they installed at his cost if it fails before the warranty period (15 yr) of the cover we wanted, but didn't get. He also came out and adjusted the bubbler fittings and it really made a difference. Pic after adjustment with our girl Zoe below. Sadly, we now only have one snoopivisor as we had to say goodbye to our big guy, Zeus. He loved the water and I am terribly sad that he didn't get a chance to enjoy this thing before he passed. Here's a funny pic of him taking over the grandbaby's kiddie pool one day.

Attachments

• 20200129_084508.jpg
    20200129_084508.jpg
    583.1 KB · Views: 47
  • Screenshot_20200118-213619_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20200118-213619_Chrome.jpg
    298.4 KB · Views: 46
“It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are.”

― Unknown Author

So sorry for your loss.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.