New Build in Houston

What kind of coping do you have? I have flagstone.. and built my pool in 2013 and getting quotes to rip out and replace and trying to figure out what to replace it with.... it could have been just cheap.. but I have had a chlorine pool with flagstone and did not have these issues...love the salt.. have to find something it can play nice with. my friend has travertine and salt and its doing well. Kicking myself for not springing for it at the time it just wasn't in the budget.
I’m going all travertine. FWIW my PB was pretty upfront that flagstone and limestone do the worst with salt. He also said there are sealants out there you can use.

Straight edge
What are your thoughts on the straight edge? Was bull nose a choice? One builder uses straight edge, the others use bull nose.. I am trying to figure out which I would prefer!
I’m going all travertine. FWIW my PB was pretty upfront that flagstone and limestone do the worst with salt. He also said there are sealants out there you can use.
Yeah Bull.. at least for mine...we sealed with the supposed right sealer.... here we are.. oh well... your smart!

Last edited by a moderator:
Other than some landscaping and coping work, we are done! I ran my first water tests today and came up with the following:

FC: 8
CC: 0.5
pH: 7.6
TA: 80
CH: 100
CYA: 43
SALT: 2400 ppm

Based on this, I'm going to add some Calcium (target 300 ppm) and Salt (target 3000 ppm). I've also ramped the SWG down since the FC is so high. For CYA, I will let the startup tabs the PB provided finish dissolving and then look into upping that as well if it's still low. Thoughts?

IMG_1642.jpgIMG_1641.jpgIMG_1640.jpg

Reactions: Locotl and jtburf
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.