New Build in Houston - Oak Forest

Delayed a little to let the step start curing, but got player yesterday! They just finished the acid wash and filling now! Added 2 bags of shells to stonescapes french gray mini pebbles. It's a little overcast, but you can still see the sparkles without the water in it.

IMG_20200322_150013.jpgIMG_20200322_134454_01.jpgIMG_20200322_150036.jpg

Reactions: Smelscifi
I would get a 2nd hose into the spa if you can. Once you get water to the pool returns, it can start to come out of your spa returns and cause staining. Looking good though.

I would get a 2nd hose into the spa if you can. Once you get water to the pool returns, it can start to come out of your spa returns and cause staining. Looking good though.

I wish I had a second hose. My second one busted about 2 weeks ago and I haven't replaced it yet. Just gonna hope for the best and deal with whatever happens at that time

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
43 hours later and finally full! Builder is coming to turn the equipment on shortly.

Kim - I didn't see your message since I took the kid to the park to keep the stir craziness at bay and didn't check back. Good thing is there are no streaks or stains. The returns barely had any wetness around them.

IMG_20200324_094856.jpg

Reactions: kimkats
A little over a day later and the pool is already getting pretty clear. PH is low, but has been coming up pretty steadily. Here were my initial test results this morning. Just finished brushing the 2nd time today.

FC - 2.5
CC - 0.5
CH - 150
TA - 60
PH - 6.3
CYA is pretty close to zero

IMG_20200325_192054_MP.jpgIMG_20200325_180532_01.jpg

Reactions: Dtkokay and jtburf
Looking good! Yours finished just in time with the current stay at home order. I‘m in Pearland and my pool was gunited last week. Fortunately, the stay at home orders exempt residential construction, so work on my pool can continue. First world problem I realize.

Looking good! Yours finished just in time with the current stay at home order. I‘m in Pearland and my pool was gunited last week. Fortunately, the stay at home orders exempt residential construction, so work on my pool can continue. First world problem I realize.

Yep! I've been sitting on my patio working from home since we started the equipment! Going to test again at lunch to see where I am, but it's pretty clear. They're coming to finish the sprinklers today and do landscapingt tomorrow(sod) and Monday (gravel/pavestones) I think. They were concerned at first that they couldn't work, but I showed them the exemptions. After that, it's just Kool deck and setting up the intellicenter!

IMG_20200326_103510.jpg

Love everything about your pool! We are picking our plaster color and we had ruled out the Stonescapes french gray because we want our water to be a medium turquoise....not a straight medium blue. Looking at your water color pictures, it seems your water color does have a tint of turquoise?

Love everything about your pool! We are picking our plaster color and we had ruled out the Stonescapes french gray because we want our water to be a medium turquoise....not a straight medium blue. Looking at your water color pictures, it seems your water color does have a tint of turquoise?

Man, I've gotten so busy at home being a teacher and enjoying the pool that I forgot to update this. We hit a couple snags and landscape additions that threw my updates off. I've attached some updated pics so you can see the color now that everything is balanced. The french grey does have a very slight turquoise at certain times of the day when the neighbors trees reflect a little, but mostly a cooler grey blue. When it's dusk it gets a color closer to dark plaster. I'm loving the color!

IMG_20200430_161252_01.jpgIMG_20200501_154851_01.jpgIMG_20200409_121937.jpgIMG_20200504_195241.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.