New Build in Houston - Oak Forest

Finally, I have time to do a full update.

Right as I was getting the pool balanced, issues started popping up.

1st they connected the gas to the heater, but couldn't get the heater to fire. Finally find out they never turned on the switch inside, but the panel where it is was on the building side and maybe only 4 inches from the wall. It was fun watching them struggle to get the panel off and find the switch. Since then, I've practiced how to get it off myself and figured out a pretty easy way.

Next, they forgot to plumb for my shower. I brought it up before landscaping, because the plumbing is pretty tight in the area where my gas and power being buried near where it was supposed to go. Didn't want them digging up too much in the area. It all ended up as a mistake from how he creates the plan and how he put it in my contract. We finally just agreed not to do it and he gave me a credit for it.

3rd thing was a chunk of pebble missing from the deep end bench. They tell me they can fix it underwater so we don't have to drain. They come to do it, I go inside to help my kid with his schoolwork, and they start pumping the water out. They ended up draining almost half to fix a 2 inch area on the bench. So I had to refill again and rebalance!

All in all, the process wasn't too bad and I've been enjoying the pool almost everyday. Everything I've learned from this site has been spot on and stupid easy! I know it's early on, but I feel like I've got it down.

Sorry for the long winded post! Up next are final pics!

Our contract only included sod around the pool, so I just worked with the landscaper on the side to add rocks and pavers. It was super cheap, but they didn't use enough sand and we're going to have to level and straighten the pavers a bit. No big deal. I added the plants myself. They'll grow pretty large. We have some in the front yard that are probably 4 ft tall and 5-6 ft wide now.

Last thing we are waiting for is the pool approved gate between the seating area and driveway. With everything going on, I've taken my time since the inspection and permit approval probably aren't a priority.

I also just recently started running the Warrior. It's awesome and Margaret from Marina was awesome as well! We've named him Benny the Jet
IMG_20200404_132405.jpg
IMG_20200507_182046.jpg
IMG_20200404_104001.jpg
IMG_20200507_182117.jpg
IMG_20200507_182144.jpg
IMG_20200507_182102.jpg
IMG_20200507_182217_MP.jpg
IMG_20200507_182121.jpg

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.