New Build in Houston - Oak Forest

kimkats

Mod Squad
LifeTime Supporter
Jul 10, 2012
Tallahassee, FL
So long as she is mindful she should be fine......it is when I am not really thinking about what I am doing that I tend to get hurt :roll: Now I look at each step to make sure I don't miss one!

Kim:kim:

cmoss832

Oct 9, 2019
Houston
Delayed a little to let the step start curing, but got player yesterday! They just finished the acid wash and filling now! Added 2 bags of shells to stonescapes french gray mini pebbles. It's a little overcast, but you can still see the sparkles without the water in it.

IMG_20200322_150013.jpgIMG_20200322_134454_01.jpgIMG_20200322_150036.jpg

Reactions: Smelscifi

JJ_Tex

Bronze Supporter
Jul 17, 2019
Prosper, TX (DFW)
I would get a 2nd hose into the spa if you can. Once you get water to the pool returns, it can start to come out of your spa returns and cause staining. Looking good though.

cmoss832

Oct 9, 2019
Houston
I would get a 2nd hose into the spa if you can. Once you get water to the pool returns, it can start to come out of your spa returns and cause staining. Looking good though.
I wish I had a second hose. My second one busted about 2 weeks ago and I haven't replaced it yet. Just gonna hope for the best and deal with whatever happens at that time

kimkats

Mod Squad
LifeTime Supporter
Jul 10, 2012
Tallahassee, FL
I am SO in love with your tile! That really came out great!!!

Go wrap some plastic wrap around a wash cloth then shove it in the returns in the spa. That may stop the water from coming through.

cmoss832

Oct 9, 2019
Houston
43 hours later and finally full! Builder is coming to turn the equipment on shortly.

Kim - I didn't see your message since I took the kid to the park to keep the stir craziness at bay and didn't check back. Good thing is there are no streaks or stains. The returns barely had any wetness around them.

IMG_20200324_094856.jpg

Reactions: kimkats

kimkats

Mod Squad
LifeTime Supporter
Jul 10, 2012
Tallahassee, FL
Glad to hear it worked out. That looks good. It will look even better once the plaster cures and the water is balanced. The green tint is very normal. It will blue up fast!

cmoss832

Oct 9, 2019
Houston
A little over a day later and the pool is already getting pretty clear. PH is low, but has been coming up pretty steadily. Here were my initial test results this morning. Just finished brushing the 2nd time today.

FC - 2.5
CC - 0.5
CH - 150
TA - 60
PH - 6.3
CYA is pretty close to zero

IMG_20200325_192054_MP.jpgIMG_20200325_180532_01.jpg

Reactions: Dtkokay and jtburf

Dtkokay

Dec 31, 2019
Houston, Texas
Looking good! Yours finished just in time with the current stay at home order. I‘m in Pearland and my pool was gunited last week. Fortunately, the stay at home orders exempt residential construction, so work on my pool can continue. First world problem I realize.

cmoss832

Oct 9, 2019
Houston
Looking good! Yours finished just in time with the current stay at home order. I‘m in Pearland and my pool was gunited last week. Fortunately, the stay at home orders exempt residential construction, so work on my pool can continue. First world problem I realize.
Yep! I've been sitting on my patio working from home since we started the equipment! Going to test again at lunch to see where I am, but it's pretty clear. They're coming to finish the sprinklers today and do landscapingt tomorrow(sod) and Monday (gravel/pavestones) I think. They were concerned at first that they couldn't work, but I showed them the exemptions. After that, it's just Kool deck and setting up the intellicenter!

IMG_20200326_103510.jpg