New build in Frisco TX

Yay looking great!!! We check our skimmers daily and find a frog pretty much every other day. Also found a baby frog dead in my pump basket last night.
OMG this creeps me out....i absolutely hate anything of that sort. I guess these animals are confused where to go in the yard now. We also found a big dead frog in the pool earlier. Do people spray something around the pool to stop them coming inside water? I'll be dead when a snake shows up in my pool some day :-(

View attachment 68317
We made it our sons job to check the skimmer baskets everyday :)

I also thought about getting this.

Amazon.com : Critter Skimmer 10-Inch Round Pool Skimmer Cover, White : Swimming Pool Skimmers : Patio, Lawn Garden

Might be a good idea...thanks for sharing. I'll read the reviews etc. later to figure out.

- - - Updated - - -

Got my TF-100 test kit today...so excited to make use of all chemistry lessons that I had in college :) will start testing tonight though pool school is scheduled for tomorrow. Water for sure looks green right now.

Last edited:
View attachment 68317

Might be a good idea...thanks for sharing. I'll read the reviews etc. later to figure out.

- - - Updated - - -

Got my TF-100 test kit today...so excited to make use of all chemistry lessons that I had in college :) will start testing tonight though pool school is scheduled for tomorrow. Water for sure looks green right now.

It took mine about 4 days to turn from green to blue. Have fun testing!

Pool school happened yesterday...no chemicals yet in the pool but thrilled to see little water features working. We were thinking that, we won't be able to heat the pool...as heater is only for spa but the pool-school guy said, we can heat the entire pool in winter in 12-14 hrs. as all the water goes through the same heater. I hope this to be true :) but can anyone confirm?

Sheer descent from the spa needs to be lowered as we suspected and pointed out so many times....will see how they fix it.
IMG_7072 (1).jpg

Look at all of the pretties!

Too bad they did not fix the spill over sooner. You tried to tell them :roll: oh well their lose of time and money!

I am too lazy to look back at your equipment. Can you post up a pic that shows the equipment WITH all of the pipes/valves labeled as to where they go. We will go from there about your heater.

Kim:kim:

Looks awesome...fyi... only run the water features when using the pool or mixing chemicals or you will chase the pH ping ball :)

Looks awesome...fyi... only run the water features when using the pool or mixing chemicals or you will chase the pH ping ball :)
thanks Ctrav, my kids r thrilled about the pool. So water feature would mean bubbler and deck jets..correct? I guess our spa spillover runs with the pool pump and it has been running for 24hrs now. The guy said to keep it running for now n later schedule for 8 hours a day. Did I misunderstand or do u see any issue with spa spillover running?

Look at all of the pretties!

Too bad they did not fix the spill over sooner. You tried to tell them :roll: oh well their lose of time and money!

I am too lazy to look back at your equipment. Can you post up a pic that shows the equipment WITH all of the pipes/valves labeled as to where they go. We will go from there about your heater.

Kim:kim:

Thanks Kim!! Yeah, don't know how would they fix it....spill works fine but water level is so high in spa that it starts spilling when the jets are started. Here is a pic of equipments.
IMG_7081.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Ah yes, looks like a Hobert pool where the water is too high in the spa due to construction design. When the blower is turned on the water flows out over the edges, not just the spillway. They did that to ours too and haven't got a solution. They put a three-way Jandy valve on the blower pipe to relieve some air pressure but the noise is so loud when it's opened even the slightest that it's unbearable. I'll be very interested to see if they fix yours, hope they do :)

You'll be able to heat up the pool no problem with that setup.

Ah yes, looks like a Hobert pool where the water is too high in the spa due to construction design. When the blower is turned on the water flows out over the edges, not just the spillway. They did that to ours too and haven't got a solution. They put a three-way Jandy valve on the blower pipe to relieve some air pressure but the noise is so loud when it's opened even the slightest that it's unbearable. I'll be very interested to see if they fix yours, hope they do :)

You'll be able to heat up the pool no problem with that setup.

@WetSteve, Did your spa have same issue? Haven't heard back from them on fixing spa and we r kinda busy too balancing water.

If it makes you feel any better they have fixed everything for us that we addressed. They build around 200 pools a year you would think they would make sure this was done right during the build.

For now I would do what the PB says and then check with folks on this site for the spa spillover question. Yes on bubblers and water features as they aerate the pool water which leads to higher pH. My pool is new and I ran my features a lot per the PB and constantly had to adjust pH which happens the first year or so.

thanks Ctrav, my kids r thrilled about the pool. So water feature would mean bubbler and deck jets..correct? I guess our spa spillover runs with the pool pump and it has been running for 24hrs now. The guy said to keep it running for now n later schedule for 8 hours a day. Did I misunderstand or do u see any issue with spa spillover running?

@WetSteve, Did your spa have same issue? Haven't heard back from them on fixing spa and we r kinda busy too balancing water.

I think we are stuck with the problem. They can lower the spillway which would drop the water level in the spa, and so sitting in a spa with water half way up our chest wouldn't be good. Or they could completely cut the top off and redo everything, raising the height.

I have lots of pictures from the PB facebook page and there are no others this PB built with such a low spillway. Except for yours :(
20170724_114230.jpg
Here's a pic of ours...

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.