New build Central Florida

Its a Jandy CS100 filter. Think it maybe due to most pools being in a screen enclosures here?

I would ask to swap it out for a CS250 or even a CL580.

With a large filter you can go a year or more between cleaning the cartridge. And the real benefit happens when you get an algae breakout. Algae can quickly clog up your filter and you can end up needing to clean the filter multiple times a day while following our SLAM Process. We have helped many folks, mostly in FL, with small cartridge filters work through algae problems. The filter made the process a real hassle and slowed up clearing the algae.

With a large filter you can go a year or more between cleaning the cartridge. And the real benefit happens when you get an algae breakout. Algae can quickly clog up your filter and you can end up needing to clean the filter multiple times a day while following our SLAM Process. We have helped many folks, mostly in FL, with small cartridge filters work through algae problems. The filter made the process a real hassle and slowed up clearing the algae.

Thanks for the info. I will be sure to bring it up with the PB.

Read this thread for an example of algae with a small cartridge filter. This member is in CT so I apologize to the FL small cartridge filter owners. ;)

Did some test on our tap water:

FC: 2
CC: 2.5
pH: 7.5
TA: 190
CH: 175

Now the FC test was a little hard to do and I am not 100%. After adding the powder it turned a very faint pink. After a drop I think I still saw some pink but not too sure. Added another drop and I think it was clear.

Many municipal water supplies have a bit of chlorine added.

Your high fill water TA will give you challenges keeping the pH down.

We will be able to help you adjust your water to get it to the levels it needs to be.

Here is your pool shopping list:
-2 2cup plastic measuring cups (1 is for muriatic acid, the other is for all of the other chemicals)
-white plastic plate to hold up behind the pH test tube (I like this better than paper. A white wall will work also.)
-bottle for water collection-the mustard squirt bottles with the thin nose work great for this
-a plastic something to keep the muriatic acid in. If you have small kids think about getting something that can be locked BUT is must be vented in some way. M. acid cannot be stored in or by metal or chlorine. The fumes can cause trouble down the road. It can be stored outside without any worries as it does not care about heat.
-a easy to get to source for liquid chlorine or bleach (PLAIN bleach. You will need some for the first 30 days as well as for touch up when there is a *code brown* in the water :roll:

Kim:kim:

I have asked about a CS250 as the base is the same, so the input and output do not change. The height changes to accommodate the larger filter. I will see what they do.

An update...

Got screen enclosure in along with the pavers done.

59606758815__999EE856-98AC-4194-9490-0F6AE4F5DFBC.JPG
59606767407__8EA2B7B2-D47E-44C1-961F-1E2C29A4014B.JPG

The wife got her "picture window" to not block the lake view. The playset will be moved.
59614165934__4712D7D9-C728-4365-8414-0211C37AAE28.JPG

Today the pebbletec was done and they are coming to acid wash tomorrow (Thanksgiving).

I will update once the fill begins.

Happy Thanksgiving!!!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
SWEET!! I agree with your wife wanting that "picture window"! That makes it purrfect!

They are doing the acid wash today??? I hope you have some yummies to share with them! WOW!

Now once water starts going into the pool do NOT stop the flow. Put some socks on the hose ends to keep the metal off your pretty, new plaster.

Here is our plaster start up: Pool Plaster tips for the Average Homeowner

Kim:kim:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.