New Build - Central California

AND people IN the pool!

That looks nice! What will you be putting down around the plants?

Kim:kim:

People in the pool indeed! We spent quite a bit of time playing this weekend. The weather is HOT HOT HOT and the pool is simply wonderful right now.

Around the plants - some of them will have nothing :) They will grow fairly quickly and will fill out the area that is outlined in metal for them nicely. Some we will likely put a type mulch down, not sure yet :) And a lot of the "blank areas" will actually be decorative rock. There are quite a few rock bands setup around the design that will really add some texture and depth once installed. There area also a few areas where DG will go down (decomposed granite), primarily in the front yard.

I'm not sure when we will start that phase. I will likely be doing fencing next.... but who knows what'll actually happen! :)

I love river rocks and big rocks. We have white marble in front of our house and in the pool yard. I would NOT do it again though.........it is hard to keep it white! Good thing I know where to get some bleach around here :roll: LOL

Kim:kim:

f513c094a933009bd8fe16a25e582879.jpg

The photo isn't great, so apologies :). We installed 6.5 yards of rock this morning. Fun times!

Little bits of progress.

65a5657c124b4e760f3ff7d3a787fef2.jpg

Backyard is starting to look cool at night ;). Cover sort of minimizes the awesomeness of the pool lights though.

I was wondering where you were! On Rock detail!! Ugh! That's a job, but it's looking great. Your house reminds me of the one I spent about 7 years in when I was young. Yours is much bigger, but the roof lines, the high windows...... memories!

I don't think you could minimize the awesomeness of that pool! It looks absolutely, well..... AWESOME!!!

f513c094a933009bd8fe16a25e582879.jpg

The photo isn't great, so apologies :). We installed 6.5 yards of rock this morning. Fun times!

Little bits of progress.

65a5657c124b4e760f3ff7d3a787fef2.jpg

Backyard is starting to look cool at night ;). Cover sort of minimizes the awesomeness of the pool lights though.

There is nothing to apologize for. It all looks great! It is very obvious you have a plan, and it is all coming to fruition. Beautiful!

I was wondering where you were! On Rock detail!!

We've been busy bees! Lots of stuff that you really can "see" well in a photo. We did the core of our landscape lights (2 phased approach - they are $$$) over the past week or two - I'll take photos at night soon.

Some top dressing on the plants to amend the soil a bit and just cuz it looks nice :)

Rock today. I think I'll take tomorrow off. Moving 8 tons of rock takes a toll on you!!

Maybe some more stuff Monday morning, taking a few days off work.

I don't think you could minimize the awesomeness of that pool! It looks absolutely, well..... AWESOME!!!

Why thank you :). We are so thrilled with how it is coming together.

I don't know how well the phone really captures the beauty of the lighting - regardless here goes :) it's pretty amazing at night.

ae79ce9733a35a13903a784765848bb3.jpg

bc249e3184053777e10f92cadb16a3e6.jpg

23c30ceea0453ed8f4233c55eac3c63f.jpg

The front of the house is coming along as well. Way more lighting installed there. We did all the path and well lights. I've got about 35 more lights to buy for front and back later - those bad boys cost some real $$.

069201b8758f908e3d1b9dd3e1ed9e90.jpg

f9ce758c14edaaf856f761e5a226f890.jpg

a4dde17b6d5de55782324420e4a5ce1b.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.