New Build - Central California

ryan-california

Gold Supporter
Apr 11, 2017
modesto ca
Hi everyone!

Demo started yesterday and we are digging today. Overall details - pool is 40x15 with a 5x20 shelf, rectangle. I'll post pictures etc... shortly. Been lurking on TFP for a while - thanks for all the great info and details!!!

I'll update my signature shortly with details :) Just getting excited and wanted to share. Project is rocking and rolling fast!!

Picture is a segment of the overall project (scrape the yard to the ground and start over) - we will also be building a poolside bathroom, and adding a large 40x15 covered patio. It's gonna be fun!

Attachments

kimkats

Mod Squad
LifeTime Supporter
Jul 10, 2012
Tallahassee, FL
First one in! Oh yeah! HI! So glad you found us now!

Okay, so if you have been reading you KNOW what I am going to ask for!

-pic of the yard where the pool is going

-complete list of equipment

-color chooses with pics

That should get us started!

Kim:kim:

OP
OP
R

ryan-california

Gold Supporter
Apr 11, 2017
modesto ca
Here is a pic of the backyard yesterday evening - post demo.

We have yet to pick tile and are going to do a slightly custom version of Wet Edge Altima, French Grey - a bit extra dark. I'll send a photo of a friends pool with the same color we are doing this evening as well as equipment we plan on doing :)

Attachments

OP
OP
R

ryan-california

Gold Supporter
Apr 11, 2017
modesto ca
Equipment details:

Pentair 520 Cartridge Filter (considering swapping to sand... thoughts?)
Pentair Intelliflow VS Pump
Intermatic Sub Panel
Pentair GloBright LED's (4)
Pentair Rebel Cleaner
Autofill

kimkats

Mod Squad
LifeTime Supporter
Jul 10, 2012
Tallahassee, FL
I LOVE my sand filter! It is SO easy! and I can add some DE to it to help polish the water with out all of the work of a real DE filter!

That yard NEEDS a pool!

I like the 4 lights. Nice job!

I see the auto fill. Make sure they add a overfill drain that goes to a open area for rain or forgotten hoses :)roll: IF someone would remember to set the timer this MIGHT not happen)

OP
OP
R

ryan-california

Gold Supporter
Apr 11, 2017
modesto ca
So here is the photo from tonight. Dig is taking a bit longer as we had a GIANT mulberry tree that was cut and ground out - the roots however remained as a massive underground ball of tree that took a few hours to dig out.

I'll ask on the overfill drain, good call!

IMG_0365 - low.jpg

kimkats

Mod Squad
LifeTime Supporter
Jul 10, 2012
Tallahassee, FL
Just be glad you had a machine to dig that thing out! Think of just the boys with shovels :shock: LOL

Did the digger let the boys "help" drive the machine?

OP
OP
R

ryan-california

Gold Supporter
Apr 11, 2017
modesto ca
They were at school, so no digging for the kiddos. It's amazing how fast those machines can clear a yard. We had grass and concrete and trees just a few short weeks ago. 2 days to clear cut the yard, and in 2 days it's a dirt pile. Mighty machines! It's pretty awesome to watch them work. Things that would easily take me a day or more to do, are done in a heartbeat with those things.

-ryan

OP
OP
R

ryan-california

Gold Supporter
Apr 11, 2017
modesto ca
Day 3 - plumbing is done. Steel starts tomorrow, and if we can get the inspection in time (unlikely) we could gunite Friday. I expect that will be pushed to Saturday or next week some time.

From a house corner:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk