New build - Buffalo NY

That is also the end with the water feature wall right? I looked at your dig picture but am having a hard time visualizing it. I say lets wait until a little later in the build so we can see just what you are working with. I am sure someone will have some good ideas.

:kim:

I just thought of something with the slope of your yard towards the pool..........What are you doing drain wise to keep the pool from flooding during a heavy rain? Deck channels? gutters on that side of the house with drain spouts going well away from pool area?

I know everyone likes pics so I'll get some uploaded in a bit. There's not much interesting to see other than lots of 1/2" rebar. I spray painted light locations on the mud and the guys put them right where I asked so happy about that. Looks like an electrical inspector was here today and signed off on the pool bonding. Rain in the forecast for tomorrow so my guess is nothing will happen tomorrow. I think there's at least 1 more day of work(full day) before we're ready for gunite and possibly 1.5 days.

Thanks. We are pool nerds and like the rebar pics! Plus it allows folks to comment if they see things for you to inquire about.

SWEET! Try you best to be there for it and keep an eye out. We had one where they were turning a beach entry into a step to a ledge :( Best YOU be there to tell they what you if anything comes up.

I will be here, just talked to PB and asked when he was putting in the 2nd light if they were coming tomorrow with gunite. He called back a few minutes later and said our contract only had 1 light and I reminded him that we had talked earlier and I swapped out some tiling work for the 2nd light. Sooooo he's sending guys in the morning to get the 2nd light in and gunite will be around 11am.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I think that is the most frustrating part. I feel like I'm doing the pool builder's job for them and all they are doing is scheduling subcontractors to come out.

If I wasn't home and on top of them every step of the way, I would have:

1. An entire pool in the wrong location in my yard by about 20'
2. The raised beam would be a foot lower than designed
3. 2 pool lights in the wrong spot
4. A shallow end that would be 6" too shallow
5. Steps in the wrong location
6. No steps to aid in getting into and out of the spa

Besides the first day, I haven't seen anyone from the pool builder out at my home.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What are you planning to put around the pool? I would just put that all the way around the pool and push it out so that it fills in between the fence and pool wall. I would have it level with the ground instead of trying to build it up to the top to meet the coping.

OR you can spend some bucks and make it level with the coping all the way around and make that area behind the water feature a seating area. You will want to make the side of it pretty. You will also want some steps to get up on it.

There are many things/ways you can do it. Look at it with these ideas in mind and let us know what you are thinking.

Those hands prints:angel: SO sweet!

What are you planning to put around the pool? I would just put that all the way around the pool and push it out so that it fills in between the fence and pool wall. I would have it level with the ground instead of trying to build it up to the top to meet the coping.

OR you can spend some bucks and make it level with the coping all the way around and make that area behind the water feature a seating area. You will want to make the side of it pretty. You will also want some steps to get up on it.

There are many things/ways you can do it. Look at it with these ideas in mind and let us know what you are thinking.

Those hands prints:angel: SO sweet!

The pool will have a minimum of 3ft stamped concrete all the way around. The PB tells me that having it level with the pool is included in what I was quoted but I'm not sure if the concrete sub is going to get that message. It's not specifically stated in the contract that the concrete will be level with the pool so I'm waiting to meet with the concrete contractor to find out what he's been told.

The concrete contractor is supposed to get in touch with me to schedule to review what we want to do and after that meeting I'll have a better idea of my approach.

Either way there will be no grass anywhere near the pool area.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.