New build - Buffalo NY

Some activity today. Tiling work is finished and rough electrical is complete. They also drained the pool. Installed the waterfall and plumbed it. Contact with my PB has been difficult(now that he has 70% of his money) so I'm not sure what the schedule moving forward is. Originally Plaster was this Friday but I doubt that happens.

Concrete was supposed to be today but sub no showed and then informed PB they'd get to my pool next week. PB is trying to find another concrete contractor. Equipment install is supposed to be tomorrow so at least something will happen.....hopefully. Considering the way the weather can turn in Buffalo I'd like to get water in the pool ASAP so there's plenty of time for the plaster to cure.

Any snowflakes yet? It is September.
You're very, very close to a pool!

Well my wife got a hold of the PB and gave him an earful.....and it worked. He found a new concrete contractor and they'll be here tomorrow. New contractor also said there will be no problem going 3ft all the way around the pool which I'm happy about.

Equipment should be here tomorrow as well, interested to see if he's going to have the right stuff, specifically the heat pump.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Yes very happy with their work. The initial concrete contractor delaying things worked out well because the replacement guy was 100x better and I got more for my money.

Just stopped home and they're grading all the dirt today and the plaster company was on site prepping the pool. I'm hearing rumors that plaster might be tomorrow.

what brand and color?

No idea what brand, it says marcite, silicone shield and altima and it's white. Our neighbors across the street had white and we liked it.

The equipment guys didn't finish so they're on the clock to come back tomorrow and get it finished by the time the pool fills. They're not very happy about it but we had a few weeks of dead time so I don't feel too guilty that they have to show up on a saturday.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.