New build- Baytown, TX

We are up north of Houston in Spring and are using A&S as well. We are in the very beginning stages. They are currently pulling permits, dealing with the HOA ect. We have our walk through and meet and greet on the 23rd.

What I do like about A&S is their salesman out of the Spring office sat down with us for 3 hours with a laptop and piles of binders going over everything and designed the pool and equipment with us there. So many other builders come to your house for 30 to 45 mins and later email you something thats dead wrong because there was so little feedback back and forth.

So far the folks at their Spring office seem to be on top of things.

Right now ours is a 17x42 free form, 3.6' to 6' 526 sq ft, 50sq ft spa, tanning ledge w bubblers, 30' split faced raised wall with 3 scuppers. Ill make my own thread after we get it officially ironed out.

Did they try to talk you out of the SWG?? Ours really did. Said it would destroy our tile coping, pool tile and rock on spa spillway. Instead he was pushing the Nature 2 and Ozone.

Did they try to talk you out of the SWG?? Ours really did. Said it would destroy our tile coping, pool tile and rock on spa spillway. Instead he was pushing the Nature 2 and Ozone.

congrats and yalls and I will be following along when you make a thread. I check this site multiple times a day to see updates. He just said I would have to sign a waiver that it could lead to damaging that stuff. He could probably tell I was pretty set on going with salt. He did talk us going with only 1 light. He showed us pics of his pool with only 1 and it was pretty lit up so we were good with it

It's just so interesting how each builder are so different in their philosophy. Our PB said they build almost all Salt Water and prefer it (good for me because I wanted salt water). I asked about the salt and damages, he said: 1) if you set it up right, it's not going to be a problem and 2) coping and decking are sealed anyway. I think it comes down to PB comfort. I will say though, them wanting you to sign a wavier seems a little much to me. How long is their warranty? Can't be more than a few years. I seriously doubt a salt water pool with the proper amount of salt and setup is going to impact their warranty.

On lighting - unless you are on a strict budget, I'd say go with at least 1 more. It's almost impossible to add later on. The PB included 3 in the original spec, which we really liked.. As silly as this sounds, I want to be able to do a red/white/blue theme on 4th of July. :) Oh and we have three LED bubblers too. :)

We got surprised yesterday. They said permits were done and was wondering when we would like to start. We told them ASAP. We were thinking it would be another week or 2 for permits
48ddc0c39fdeee008ef23d07ee23be09.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
You have a "job" to do before they show up to shoot the gunite.......measure everything. Is it long, wide, deep, etc enough. Add about 6" for the gunite and plaster. NOW is the time to make changes or tweaks.

Kim:kim:

You would be better off leaving out the mineral cartridge for the Fusion thing. You would be better off without the entire thing as it also uses Trichlor.

Much better off getting a SWCG. Much less maintenance.

Good luck.

My bad, That the fusion thing with salt.

They are undersized. You should check how much chlorine gas it will create in 24 hours and determine if it will keep up in the summer.

This model is good for 40k gallons. My pool will only be 18k gallons

That unit can produce 1.25 lbs of chlorine a day. A little under the normal 40K rated SWCG.

They state the mineral cartridge allows you to run a lower FC. I would not recommend it. Or, start reading how to SLAM when you get algae.

Take care.

I will be running the Fusion 2 without the cartridge. I told the salesguy that we didn't want any mineral stuff and he said it will still work without it. We are just going to keep it and follow TFP recommended levels.

We passed inspection yesterday and gunite was supposed to be tomorrow(Wednesday). My wife talked with the PM and he is on board with knocking this out fast. The scheduler was able to get the crew out today to shoot it. Pics will be later. There are chances of rain the rest of this week but the PM told the electricians that they can work this weekend if they need too

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.