New build- Baytown, TX

I will be running the Fusion 2 without the cartridge. I told the salesguy that we didn't want any mineral stuff and he said it will still work without it. We are just going to keep it and follow TFP recommended levels.

We passed inspection yesterday and gunite was supposed to be tomorrow(Wednesday). My wife talked with the PM and he is on board with knocking this out fast. The scheduler was able to get the crew out today to shoot it. Pics will be later. There are chances of rain the rest of this week but the PM told the electricians that they can work this weekend if they need too

Moving right along!! Seems that Harvey may hit the coast this weekend :( ours is supposed to dig on Monday! We shall see...

cd2cfa1071ad9a333d1c42792c18eeb6.jpg

SWEET! It looks awesome!

It is time for YOUR set of links!

Print these out:
Pool School - Basic Pool Care Schedule

Pool School - Recommended Levels

Bookmark these:

Pool School - Recommended Pool Chemicals

http://www.troublefreepool.com/calc.html

Pool School - ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry

Make sure to ask any and all questions you might have no matter how small! We have all been where you are at one point.

Now is also the time I ask what test kit your PB is providing. Let us know so we can fill in any blanks.

Kim:kim:

Electricians came out today. We added 3 extra outlets plus a light for the equipment pad. They put the pool light switch and the pump controller right by our patio which was nice. They came up with that

They installed an AquaPure box for SWG. That won't work with our Nature 2 Soft correct? I asked them after they installed it if that's the right one and they said yes. I'm thinking it won't

2cbcaff601081333d194ed30b7d8b2c4.jpg
8710da5cec9ee93b161cadf5d49777a1.jpg
ab4e40158e7c7ba818ec2bf7a4778e45.jpg

Looking good. Hopefully this rain isn't as bad as they say it's going to get.

I noticed your gutters don't drain into drainage pipe away from the house. It looks like you have the slope to bury a drainage line to your fence. It may be part of your decking plan but I would bury some drainage lines before the deck does down to get rid of rain water and even add some drained to the deck. Maybe a channel drain near your covered patio.

Looking good. Hopefully this rain isn't as bad as they say it's going to get.

I noticed your gutters don't drain into drainage pipe away from the house. It looks like you have the slope to bury a drainage line to your fence. It may be part of your decking plan but I would bury some drainage lines before the deck does down to get rid of rain water and even add some drained to the deck. Maybe a channel drain near your covered patio.

I thought about connecting a line to the gutter and having it drained toward the slope/fence. Also thought about making it go opposite direction(toward pool equip) and not having to dig a trench. Would just be covered in mulch along with future plants/flowers

- - - Updated - - -

Zodiac is the parent company of Jandy/Polaris. The Jandy Aqua Pure controller controls the Zodiac Nature 2 salt cell.

awesome thank you

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Build is looking good. Light for equip was a very good call...I use mine a lot since I can control it from my phone. Stay safe and hopefully dry!

I'm so glad the gunite was completed before Harvey. You had your very own catch basin. Are your neighbors jealous?

I hope your house is ok. When you get a chance and can get to a store, find out what you need to add to the water to slow down the skeeters. I'm not quite sure what would work best - chlorine bleach, mosquito donuts, etc? Others on here can make some suggestions. Your PB will be draining it, but it may not be immediately depending on what's on his plate.

Best of luck,
Suz

btw, love the shape. Good job.

finally got some updates. tile and coping was supposed to start this past weekend but they didn't finish the job before us so they never came. They showed up Tuesday and started the coping. They came back today (Wednesday) to start/finish tile.

The deck crew also came out the same day but couldn't do much since tile and coping guys were in the way. They were supposed to come the next day but no one told them that they got pushed back. They are coming back today to start. They did the outline but its not like the drawing. It is much bigger which we wont complain like that if its not added cost. We will see if it stays like that.

The electrician inspection failed. As far as I can read it says the conduit depth was an issue and there was no markings for buried line. The electrical company is supposed to call the city to find out. A&S said this wouldn't interfere with decking crew but I don't know. If they have to dig deeper then I don't know how it wouldn't have an effect

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.