New Backyard w/ FG Pool - Toronto - Owner/Builder

Laying out coping this weekend. Posted thread of install questions: https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?sh...pool.com/showthread.php?t=169973&share_type=t

Going with Ebony Granite, flat face with beveled edge, butt joints.

d650dc374a568929bb3ed49d21780fb3.jpg

I am not sure about what to say about your idea of the pipe transitions. I do wonder about how to stabilize the flex pipe.......maybe sliding solid pipe over it but not gluing it on?

That is some nice looking coping there! LOVE the color. So classic looking! Make sure to lay it out and see if and where you need to make a cut for a smaller piece. I would think putting the smaller piece right in the middle if there is one.

Kim:kim:

Will dry lay for sure. Have done layout on the width already and I think we’ll keep all pieces equal by taking approx 4” off each stone.

I’m digging the butt joints. Will make the pieces over the spa look intentional. Those will have to be 4’ piece and then something around 30”. Couldn’t get longer material nor would I want to lift it!

Took the forms off the equipment pad. Wet day here so I have sometime to focus on finishing the pool!

I brought the 1 1/2” through stub up for the pour. Typically theses are cut low and a 90 transition to rigid PVC comes up BUT, since I have such nice long sweeping 90’s on the flex already, can I not brace it as is and start rigid plumbing above grade (eliminate an elbow)?

The pad will be formed with 2x4 walls and swing up roof and swing out door on front.

45e9a4ca5e4b8517f8a60bf35928e8c8.jpg

Correct me if I am wrong. On that slab will sit your pump, heater and filter. 4’ x 6’? Gonna be snug as a bug in a rug eh bro? ;-)

No need to support the tiger flex. It’s not made of tissue paper. Run the 2 return lines directly to pump thru a wye and make sure you use a union on pump input and output. Then you can easily Put pump in house for winter.

depending on heater size you will need combustion air venting + a proper exhaust kit. Will be quite interesting to see how you fit it all in. I really want some type of enclosure over my stuff but it’s just sooooooo tight.

Correct me if I am wrong. On that slab will sit your pump, heater and filter. 4’ x 6’? Gonna be snug as a bug in a rug eh bro? ;-)

No need to support the tiger flex. It’s not made of tissue paper. Run the 2 return lines directly to pump thru a wye and make sure you use a union on pump input and output. Then you can easily Put pump in house for winter.

depending on heater size you will need combustion air venting + a proper exhaust kit. Will be quite interesting to see how you fit it all in. I really want some type of enclosure over my stuff but it’s just sooooooo tight.

I was thinking I could simply drill out hole for each line in 2x material and tag that to the pad. Nothing will move then.

I’ve got 2 suction and then spa so I need that on 2 way (likely going to automate). Same with returns out of heater - pool and spa.

Still on the fence about automation but I think I need it simply to deal with the spa needing flow regularly even when not in use.

I'm going to do up some sketches for the plumbing but here is the equipment list I'm getting ready to purchase. I already have 5 Hayward ColourLogic LED's in the pool, 2 poles, nets, and brush.

Pump - 1.65HP 230V SUPER PUMP VS700 OMNI VS PUMP - HL2670020VSP

Valve Actuator (2) - 24V 180 degree VALVE ACTUATOR - GVA-24
Filter - 425SQF SWIMCLEAR CARTRIDGE FILTER - C4030
SWG - AQUARITE LOW SALT GENERATOR - AQR-LS-CUL
Heater - 250K NG IID LOW NOX UNIVERSAL H-SERIES HEATER - H250FDN
Transformer - 300W WALL MOUNT TRANSFORMER - LTBCY11300
Bot Cleaner - Dolphin M400 - MAY-20-1084

Should I be looking at the VS900 Omni Pump for our pool (2" ports) as opposed to the 700 which only has 1.5" ports? I have 2 x 1.5" lines coming from skimmer and 1 x 1.5" coming from the Spa.

My reasoning in going with automation is I feel like I'm forced to with the spa from a maintenance stand point. When my pool is standard configuration, will the spa be getting some circulation? I do like changing light colours and switching between Pool/Spa mode remotely but could live without it and go analog!

Been plugging away at the coping in the evenings. Our backs are beginning to wonder DIWhy?

Glad the 6’ pieces were sold out. Not sure how we have set them!

6cd3a494a835ece76aa441403700b258.jpg

Plumbing the pad on Tuesday. Happy Long Weekend Everyone.

DIWHY------------good one!!!! I feel your pain as once you get started there is no turning back but you sure wish you could :(

It really looks great! You are doing a awesome job! One at a time until you find yourself setting the LAST ONE!!!!

Kim:kim:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Finished before the long weekend.

Type S with Milk on bond beam and stone. Silicone on FG flange. Sika makes an epoxy grout for pools and sanding caulking for expansion joints and bottom joint.

e2cbd128fd0372f0fa14dc7efcc3fcf6.jpg

Hayward confirmed it will have no problem keeping up and if there is a really high demand you can crank up production.

It’s the 40k gallon turbo cell with tweaks to the electronics.

Been awhile since I posted..... but still landscaping our backyard. Hard work is easier in the heat when you can jump in your own pool.

The coping is granite from china - most notable brand name is banas stone but it all comes from the same place. There are multiple sources in GTA if you google it.

We went with 4' lengths of 12" by 2". Tried to get 6' and glad it was out of stock - 4' were heavy enough :)

Rest of the patio area is large format paver from Oaks and Artificial Grass for tanning area. Will post pics next week.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.