New Backyard w/ FG Pool - Toronto - Owner/Builder

a01e7f326f83f00df8bd170552598b75.jpg

Ready for coping this week and hardsacaping.

Got water back on track and using a sub pump until I have equipment which should be this week. Forming out a 4x8 pad today and pour tomorrow.

Quick question on equipment elevation in relation to water level:

I can set the equipment pad up so it is anywhere from 6” to 18” below my ideal water line.

What elevation do I want the pump connections to be? Anything below the water line?

The pad is 20’ to the side of deep end corner.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Tell me about. Onto another project in the backyard for a week but am narrowing down equipment choices.

HL2670020VSP - Super 700 VS Omni
325 sq. ft. Cartridge Filter
GVA-24 - Valve Actuator x 2
AQR9CUL - Salt System (will integrate with VS Omni late 2018)
H250FDN - 250k BTU Heater
LTBCY11300 - 300 W Transformer
RC3431CTY - AquaVac 500 Robot Cleaner

So my questions:
1. This stuff isn’t cheap. Is automation the way to go long term? I hate throwing good money after bad!

2. Is 1 1/2 HP big enough for our pool? 18k gallon with spa

3. Filter and SWG properly sized?

4. How do the new robot vac’s handle all the steps, ledges, and spa of FG pool?

PS: My TF-100 kit is enroute via MI. Can’t wait to see what my water is really like.

AQR9CUL Is speced for a 25K gallon pool. Your pool is 18K. We recommend your SWG be at least 2X the pool gallons. You need at least a 40K cell. Maybe even get a 60K cell. That will reduce the % output and pump runtime you will need to produce adequate chlorine.

Ya. I have the 25k cell in my setup with 6000 gallons. lol.

I also have a 425 sq' filter. My reasoning was, the bigger the filter the less frequently the cleaning. It's looking like I will only need to clean this thing once a year.

From my experience, the robots are only gonna clean the major flat areas in your pool. I have a hand vac for stairs.

I would use a 400k heater for quicker recovery.

and, automation is the way to go but only if you want your pool automated. lol

I’ll sketch one later but there are 2 suction off skimmer, 2 returns on the splash pad, 2 suction (1 line) in the spa, 5 jets with return and air connected in line.

All pipe is 1 1/2” tiger flex.

I laid them out through a stub up form in the following order: returns, spa return, spa air, spa suction, skimmer 1, skimmer 2. Stub up is loose gravel fill so I can make some space but I’m hoping that order makes sense.

Took the forms off the equipment pad. Wet day here so I have sometime to focus on finishing the pool!

I brought the 1 1/2” through stub up for the pour. Typically theses are cut low and a 90 transition to rigid PVC comes up BUT, since I have such nice long sweeping 90’s on the flex already, can I not brace it as is and start rigid plumbing above grade (eliminate an elbow)?

The pad will be formed with 2x4 walls and swing up roof and swing out door on front.

45e9a4ca5e4b8517f8a60bf35928e8c8.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.