New (and first ever) Pool! Dallas, TX

That's a water bond fitting. They are required in many areas now and needed if you don't have standard light niches that act as the water bond.

Your #8 solid copper bond wire will run through that lug and on to the pool equipment.

I bet your inspector called them out on not having one

Reactions: kimkats and Awp14
That's a water bond fitting. They are required in many areas now and needed if you don't have standard light niches that act as the water bond.

Your #8 solid copper bond wire will run through that lug and on to the pool equipment.
Thank you!! So it sounds like the electricians will be back then before the next inspection.

Electricians came today. Inspection Monday. I talked to the electricians and they seemed confident we will pass so we are crossing our fingers! If that gets done it SOUNDS like we could get plaster next week.....

Hummmmmmm do we have a fingers crossed toy? ? hehe there it is! AND here is one for if you don't pass :twisted:

Kim:kim:
Hahaha thanks! :) we have family coming to town next week so it would be nice if the pool didn’t look like this..? even though they don’t like to swim I just want it to look a bit nicer!

Attachments

• 6B3ADB4C-20DE-4534-8791-39E572977991.jpeg
    6B3ADB4C-20DE-4534-8791-39E572977991.jpeg
    475.2 KB · Views: 66
Me? I would be using a shop vac or such to get that yucky water out then do a spray down with a light bleach solution to make it look pretty again. I would then vac that water up and let the sun dry it all out.

Me? I would be using a shop vac or such to get that yucky water out then do a spray down with a light bleach solution to make it look pretty again. I would then vac that water up and let the sun dry it all out.

Ok so on that note my mom was just asking me if they can do plaster if the pool is wet. So say they pump it out, can they do plaster right away?? Or do they have to let it dry a couple days? If it’s the latter, I guess I’ll need to pump it out or have it pumped out ASAP so they can’t use that as an excuse to not finish next week ?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
So we passed our final electrical inspection but unfortunately we were not told the next step isn’t plaster ? we have more inspections to come including something about an alarm (no idea what that is) I’m so ready for this to be done haha

WHAT???? Okay so lets think this out.............I wonder if it is alarms for the back door and windows that have access to the pool? What does your PB have to say?
Who knows! I emailed him tonight asking for a basic list of what’s left before plaster and an explanation on the alarm. Hopefully he gets back to us shortly. Aghhh

Apparently this is what we are supposed to install ourselves and then the pool builder will call for an inspection. The scheduler said she thinks it goes on your door and goes off for thirty seconds if someone opens the door. That sounds obnoxious but I guess we will install it and then call for the inspection ?

Attachments

• DB76C264-591A-4D0A-828E-F92DE757792B.jpeg
    DB76C264-591A-4D0A-828E-F92DE757792B.jpeg
    240.7 KB · Views: 25
I would also check to see if they want alarms on the windows as well. Most do so................
Ok, good to know. I also found out the alarm has an adult sensor so that’s good news so we don’t have something going off every time one of us opens the door! That sounded impractical but it’s making more sense now. Hoping to talk to the pool builder today.

Updating in case this helps anyone. We have one final building inspection remaining. The pool builder didn’t have the information we needed so I got in touch with the actual inspector. Here’s what we need to do:
- any fence get latches at least 54” off the ground (ours is 50” ?)
- automatic gates must close within 10 minutes of opening
- alarms at least 54“ above the floor on any doors leading directly to the pool area (one for us)

Your PB did not know the codes for your area? YOU had to call for the info?? Well that does not speak well of your PB that is for sure! GURRRR dude this is YOUR job! You should know this stuff!!! Even if he did not put in the fence/gates he should know the codes sigh......

Well at least YOU know and can move forward with the info. Can you do the fixes or will you have to hire it out?

Your PB did not know the codes for your area? YOU had to call for the info?? Well that does not speak well of your PB that is for sure! GURRRR dude this is YOUR job! You should know this stuff!!! Even if he did not put in the fence/gates he should know the codes sigh......

Well at least YOU know and can move forward with the info. Can you do the fixes or will you have to hire it out?

We’ll do them ourselves.

Ya - I am a bit frustrated at this point. I feel like the project should’ve been done by now. And I’m unsure why I was never told initially about the alarm. I’m hoping to fix the issues today and tomorrow.

When this kind of thing happens I start to get mad about other things that didn’t bother me before. Example - our pool overflow pipe ends in the yard. It should have been dug five more feet to end outside the fence in the alley so that the pool water doesn’t end up in the grass. I asked about this and the project manager said we’d have to pay extra for another visit to have that fixed.

Is this normal, to really like the PB at first and then they start getting weird and dismissive? I’m thinking about asking to talk to the owner. He is the one who was helping the scheduler try to explain the code when the project manager basically told us it wasn’t his job yesterday..

Ugh! You’d think with all this money spent we wouldn’t have to do this ourselves. ? overall they’ve been good but this is getting weird.

So I talked to the owner of the company. He was super nice and is going to take care of all the issues for us. He also told us 1/3 licensed pebble tec installers in north Texas lost their license so we are down to two. The company is considering offering stonescapes. Has anyone had experience with that before?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.