New (and first ever) Pool! Dallas, TX

ahhhhhhh I get ya! No idea on that. We did have one smart pool owner that got the PB to put in a $ amount for the total rock removal INSTEAD of $?? for per hour of rock time. She made out big time!!!
Ah dang that is smart. Guess we weren’t that smart ? but hopefully it won’t take too long.

Ah, I bet you are excited! I sure would be!!! Our neighbors are having a high end pool put in very soon and are chomping at the bit to get started...the city issued the building permit last week and they staked it yesterday. I am not sure what the end result will be, but the permit shows that it's just shy of $100,000 and the PB has been on Epic Pools and Pool Kings a couple of times. I don't really have pool envy, but if it's anything like what the PB has on his Facebook page...then I *might* be a little... :)

https://www.facebook.com/pg/Caviness-Landscape-Design-Inc-50947888559/photos/?ref=page_internal

Ah, I bet you are excited! I sure would be!!! Our neighbors are having a high end pool put in very soon and are chomping at the bit to get started...the city issued the building permit last week and they staked it yesterday. I am not sure what the end result will be, but the permit shows that it's just shy of $100,000 and the PB has been on Epic Pools and Pool Kings a couple of times. I don't really have pool envy, but if it's anything like what the PB has on his Facebook page...then I *might* be a little... :)

https://www.facebook.com/pg/Caviness-Landscape-Design-Inc-50947888559/photos/?ref=page_internal
Wow!! That’s going to be crazy I bet. I have pool envy of everyone with a pool so I’m sure that putting one in will fix it ? yes I’m very excited! Finally I’ll get to enjoy the outdoors in summer again!

Wow!! That’s going to be crazy I bet. I have pool envy of everyone with a pool so I’m sure that putting one in will fix it ? yes I’m very excited! Finally I’ll get to enjoy the outdoors in summer again!
We have lived in our new house about a month and the pool looks so nice and inviting...I really would like to jump in. BUT...I think the 38 degree water would ruin that "fun" real quick! So...I join you in your excitement!

Reactions: splashpad and Awp14
Started digging today! Hit rock within an hour and now it’s scraping and smashing. Pretty crazy how thick the rock is!! I’m trying to put together a time lapse video which I’ll maybe link to later on.

Thank you! I just looked at the tile again yesterday and still really like it so that’s saying something! I’m usually more indecisive.

And ya it’s definitely been dusty, but they’ve been able to do more today than I expected! Potentially coming back with the jackhammer tomorrow.

Alright, here’s my time lapse video from today along with a couple pictures and quick clip of them digging rock. In case anyone is interested or for future reference! I had a lot of questions before today, but now I’m starting to understand more how everything happens.

Reactions: splashpad

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Day two. More rock. Few second clip and picture here:

No idea what this will cost but looking at the bright side - our pool should be pretty sturdy as should the foundation of our house ?? excavators asked if we were sure we wanted a pool today, and said this is as bad as they’ve seen it.

Alright, onto day 3! Today they finished digging the shallow end and spa which look awesome! They also hit the sewer line. They did a temporary fix later in the day so we are saved until Monday when they can do the reroute. I think we also find out how much we spent on rock time on Monday. I estimated 16 hours spent on it...not looking forward to that bill. A few pictures at the link and panoramics to show the rock.

Wow! What a process. We are getting excited despite all the setbacks and so far it looks like the perfect size location and shape. Trying to stay positive and it sure helps that the pool builder has been great so far. ?

Definitely. I wish I had a better idea how much extra this is going to cost us, but I guess we will find out soon enough!

Got rebar and plumbing rough in done this week. Inspection tomorrow and then I assume they will try to do gunite fairly quickly since it’s supposed to rain next week. I guess they will gunite around the sewer line, then reroute, then fill the holes left by the temporary sewer line with concrete before plaster.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.