New AGP owner

I finally installed the SWG. Just waiting for the water to fill up now. Btw, I would like to get rid of the leaves from the pump filter (is that the correct term) from the clear glass, but this thing was impossible to turn. Does anybody know any tricks to turn this?

7926B3D0-5C8B-4863-961F-FE3439586798.jpeg

That’s your pump basket and needs to be kept clear. I don’t know how to help open it. Mine has plastic protrusions on the lid so that you can use a board to open it. If you do get it off only get it as tight as you can by hand.

Reactions: mufjp
Tap the hand hold gently with a mallet to loosen it. Use pool lube on the O ring for the lid when you put it back on hand tight.

Reactions: mufjp
Using the mallet worked! thanks a lot!

Now that I've filled the water, balanced the water for the SWG, I was ready to get the pump running again this morning.
I haven't turned on the pump in maybe 5-6 days.. but the pump won't start!! :(

I checked the circuit breaker and it seems nothing is tripped.
Last week I had a power issue with one of the 110V outlet near the pool where I plug in the pool robot--that time it was an easy fix because the circuit breaker was tripped (happened 3-4 times that day actually)--not it's fine.

When I start the pump, I don't even hear any humming. I made sure the pool timer switch is on as well..
Do you think the pump has failed all of a sudden?

Or is it an impeller clogging issue? I did loosen the glass on the pump basket to clean out the big leaves.. but the water was really dirty.. if it's an impeller issue, wouldn't I still hear some humming noise?

Thank you for your help!

You have a multimeter? Check for voltage at the outlet and at the motor connection. If you have power to the motor then I would look at the start capacitor.

Ok. I did some digging and resetting the outlet inside the home did the trick and now the pump is working.

Here’s the test results for the evening.
pH 7.0
Salt 3600ppm (Circupool recommends 3500)
TA 70
CYA 70
FC 5.5

So I need to bring the pH up (the water was clearer earlier today but now it looks cloudy). The only thing I did was to dissolve about 3lbs of dry stabilizer. Will bringing the pH up do anything? What’s the best way to add borax to the water?

FC is higher than the recommended range (I added half gallon of liquid bleach when the pump wasn’t working...). Should I turn the SWG off until the number comes down to 1-3ppm?

Thank you!

If you look at this chart Chlorine / CYA Chart - Trouble Free Pool you will see your FC levels are higher than you are thinking with a CYA of 70. I shoot for the upper end for my CYA so make sure it does not go below the minimum amount with my pool.

ph_turn your returns up so the roll the water real good. That will push the pH up for you.

Adding CYA can cloud the water up a bit but I do worry if you have been keeping your FC 1-3 then there might be something extra going on. Keep a close eye on it.

Power panel breaker-they will only be able to "throw" a few times before they need to be replaced. Just keep that in mind down the road. I am not sure how often they can do it before they need to be replaced so have one ready just to be on the safe side.

Kim:kim:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Hi guys. Hope you all had a nice weekend.
I was out of town for a few days and I think I might have aerated the water too long. The pH this morning was 8.0. I added muriatic acid to bring it down to 7.4.

The SWG has been running on turbo mode 10 hours a day since. The FC level is over 10 now—13 to be exact but it’s not accurate over ten right? The water looks still cloudy but doesn’t really look green. What gives? I did a backwash/rinse this morning as well.

Is it safe for my baby son to go in the water when FC is that high?

The FC level is over 10 now—13 to be exact but it’s not accurate over ten right?
If you are using a FAS-DPD test, the FC test is valid. The pH test of 8 was not. With FC above 10 ppm the pH test reads high. When your FC drops to 10 ppm, test your pH.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.