New 24x40 mountain pond IG install in NH

I'm not an easy customer to make happy...actually that's not true. Do what you say you will do, and do it like you have to live with it (like it's your house) and all is just fine. :) In all seriousness, I'm not a jerk to anyone, but I expect a good job and attention to details. These guys have went above and beyond, and never made me feel like I was being too picky. My wife on the other hand, she's told me to lay off a few times. ;)

Here's a few more...almost the entire outside edge is done. One spot I don't love, is the gaps in the solider course, due to the curves, are quite large near the pad. We'll see what they say about that. And the walkway bulges on one side.

DSCF0240.jpg

DSCF0241.jpg

DSCF0242.jpg

DSCF0239.jpg

DSCF0243.jpg

I am exactly the same way as you are Steve!!

Thats a awesome pool and patio you have. Just awesome.

I'm not an easy customer to make happy...actually that's not true. Do what you say you will do, and do it like you have to live with it (like it's your house) and all is just fine. :) In all seriousness, I'm not a jerk to anyone, but I expect a good job and attention to details. These guys have went above and beyond, and never made me feel like I was being too picky. My wife on the other hand, she's told me to lay off a few times. ;)

I think they should have done some cutting on your soldier course pavers as you alluded to. Certainly could still happen. I'd be inclined to have that discussion.

The look is very nice.

We talked about it this morning. In most spots, the gap between the pavers in the soldier course is fine. Obviously a bit bigger than if they were squared to each other, but not bad. But that last pic, on the walkway, especially where it goes to the pad, the gaps are just way too big in my opinion. We're going to over it tomorrow. I agreed to pay an hourly rate to cut wedges (vs cutting the actual pavers - cause then do you just do them all??) to fill the larger gaps with some consistency. They have gone above and beyond already, and I know they are real thin on my job now, so it's an olive branch to help with that extra work. It's only an hr or two at most. In hind sight, my contract called for 6x9" pavers for the solider course, but he asked if I cared if we switched to the 9x9s cause he could by them by the piece. The 6x9s were in the combo pack. The 6" wide ones obviously would have had smaller gaps, but still, they've been so good to me, as long as we can reduce the gaps, I'm cool.

We are in the home stretch. The patio is pretty much done. They sanded and compacted, cut stone for the large gaps in the turns and graded the yard...just the fence, irrigation, and some odds and ends...

DSCF0246.jpg

DSCF0247.jpg

DSCF0248.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Kids are loving it today. Look at that sparkling water thanks to TFP!

epu3a7eq.jpg

Your pool looks gorgeous! I am also having a pool installed by the Pool Doctor, Mountain Pond. We cannot decide on the size though, 24'X40' or 22'X36'. Did you consider additional sizes, or were you set on the 24'X40'. Thank you. Also, which contractor did your pavers?

Have Zach take you by my place if you'd like to see it, it's no problem. I told him in the past he's welcome to. He did an AMAZING job. We are very happy with him and if you can't tell by this thread, I'm picky. :)

Zach helped us a bit in deciding on size, based on yard, family size, planned patio size, etc. But we (or I should said "I" was leaning towards the biggest option anyway). But what you have to remember, is the dimensions are 24' width OVERALL. The actually "circles" of the pool are 20' on the 24x40 model. It's the bump out that makes the overall width 24'. But the 24x40 is a BIG pool, but we love that as the shallow end isn't tiny, and the hopper of the deep end is 8' across vs 6' on the smaller models (I believe). Also, did Zach offer you the bench seat, with or without jets? We put it in, without jets, and I'm so glad I did. At first we said no, and he kept asking "are you sure, you won't regret it." I wasn't crazy about the extra money, but it is THE #1 hangout spot in the whole pool. Kids and adults love it. Water is mid chest when sitting on it.

As for the patio work, I also cannot recommend these guys enough. They are a construction company out of Fremont. PM me if you'd like contact info. They don't have a website. He does all types of construction, and really knocked it out of the park for me. He was recommended to me, and they have done an excellent job. They are doing everything but the pool. Patio, fencing, irrigation, landscaping, drainage, etc, etc.

- - - Updated - - -

Pretty pretty pretty! I love the pavers. I think we're all in love with your pavers. (and your pool builder! lol)

Thanks Beans. It was a huge project, and I'm glad it's almost over. This week should do it...

Thanks. Well, I'd say these last few pics wrap up my build (unless I feel the energy to take a night pic with the deck and pool lit up)...I dropped the water level about 12" after taking these, so the patio company can caulk under the coping, but aside from some missing grass, she's a wrap. This project started on 9/3/13, when I pulled the permit for the pool. Now 9 months later, with about 6 of those idle for winter, it's FINALLY done. We got the sign-off from the town on Friday, so we are done, and now just enjoying...we had a great party today, and seeing so many people having a blast, made it all worth it. Here's the closing pics...Thanks for all the comments and feedback too, it is/was very much appreciated.

DSCF0256.jpg

DSCF0257.jpg

DSCF0258.jpg

DSCF0259.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.