Neptune 2.7 THP Motor NPTQ270 vs Century VG270 2.7 THP ECM27SQU Variable Speed Motors

@JamesW - I like them so far. Very easy to operate. Programming is a breeze. A heck of lot easy to wire up than my ancient AO Smith workhorses. Still watching/adjusting the programming: At the moment, I 1) start them at 2700 rpm for 3 hours for my Poolvergnuegen. 2) then 4 hours at 2150rpm for my Circupool generator. 3) final 3 hours at 1400rpm. Already seeing 27% drop on my home KwH. Now I'm considering replacing my ancient Pentair Challenger spa jet and Waterfall motors. I suspect Nidec/US Motors Neptune 2.70 THP Variable Speed Motors (NPTQ270) might be overkill so looking at something simpler but more efficient - any suggestions?
You don't mention the horsepower rating of the waterfall and spa-jet pumps, but at your electricity rate (which is incredibly low) and the actual amount of time they probably run, its not likely a motor change would pay for itself anytime soon. The advantage on the waterfall is you can dial in a very pleasant fall without a lot of splash which helps with many things.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.