Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite Pro (T-15)
Hi I seem to have a negative CC number.

FC 4 TC 2 which comes out to -2 CC according to my calculations.

Is this ok? Is it recorded as 0 in pool math which doesn’t allow for negative numbers?

Attachments

• C360E26F-10DB-4C6B-A93E-A57AFF3E1179.jpeg
    C360E26F-10DB-4C6B-A93E-A57AFF3E1179.jpeg
    161.6 KB · Views: 11
You test for CC in the TFP method. We don't calculate it, nor do we worry about TC. We use the FAS-DPD method to test for FC then, using that same solution you just tested, we test for CC.

Don't use the OTO method. It's only accurate up to 5 ppm FC, and TFP pools generally have a higher FC than that.

Proper Taylor’s test kit. Even had my other half confirm my color matching so it’s definitely the right numbers.

You test for CC in the TFP method. We don't calculate it, nor do we worry about TC. We use the FAS-DPD method to test for FC then, using that same solution you just tested, we test for CC.

Don't use the OTO method. It's only accurate up to 5 ppm FC, and TFP pools generally have a higher FC than that.
Honestly I don’t know what any of this means? I just used the Taylor test for FC. Then added the extra drops for TC. Then did the math.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Yeah, don't use the OTO block, the color comparator block. Use an FAS-DPD kit and test your FC and CC. What Taylor kit are you using? We recommend either the TF-100 from TF Test Kits or the Taylor K-2006C Test Kits Compared.
Ok I think I understand. I need this right? I don’t need an entire new test kit do I?

Attachments

• CBDFE11E-3DAA-4107-9147-E5EFB869675F.png
    CBDFE11E-3DAA-4107-9147-E5EFB869675F.png
    422 KB · Views: 2
That kit has everything you need except for a FAS-DPD chlorine test. The color comparitor test (OTO) doesn't go up high enough for Trouble Free Pool methods, and isn't particularly accurate either. It's good for seeing IF there's chlorine in the pool, but not great for saying how much.

You should augment the kit with this: FAS/DPD Chlorine & CC's test

Edit: in reply to your last post - YES!

OTO stands for orthotolidine, which is the reagent used for the OTO test. You run it using the little block with colors on it, the same one you test for pH with. It looks like this. Ignore the text in the picture.
maxresdefault.jpg

That kit has everything you need except for a FAS-DPD chlorine test. The color comparitor test (OTO) doesn't go up high enough for Trouble Free Pool methods, and isn't particularly accurate either. It's good for seeing IF there's chlorine in the pool, but not great for saying how much.

You should augment the kit with this: FAS/DPD Chlorine & CC's test

Edit: in reply to your last post - YES!
Thank you! I get what you are saying now. I will order one. Appreciate the help. And the patience 🤦🏻‍♀️

Thank you! I get what you are saying now. I will order one. Appreciate the help. And the patience 🤦🏻‍♀️
One more thing - but if I was using the calculation method - am I doing it correctly? Is the number I got at all accurate?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.