Needing ~1 gallon of bleach/day??

Ngesualdi

Jul 18, 2020
Grapevine, tx
I had to drain a bunch of my pool because of CYA of ~110 or so. Since that time I have been judicious with my use of trichlor and have instead been using bleach to sanitize. For my 14500 gallon pool I’ve been adding close to a gallon of bleach per day and that seems like a lot. Could there be other chemical issues at play?

Attachments

• PNG image.png
    PNG image.png
    106.4 KB · Views: 29
For reference I have 3 times the gallons and need a skootch over a gallon for 3 PPM. Something is most likely going on. The 2 above questions are the start of narrowing down the ‘what’.

10% is very easy to come by for us. Walmart pool essentials is my favorite, but lowes and home depot also carry it. Heck, my Kroger even has a small pool section with 10% HDX Liquid Chlorine.

Leslie's pool store carries 12.5% Liquid Chlorine for about $18 for 4 gals. That is mainly what I use unless I can find something cheaper. use the Pool Math app to calculate the $/oz of equivalent chlorine

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.