Need refills for my K-2006, plus a salt test

Jun 14, 2016
Central Florida
Hello all! Our pool is being delivered tomorrow, and I realized i'm going to need refills for my K-2006 kit AND I need a salt kit. I'm not new to pool ownership - but am new to a sand filter and the salt aspect. I'm looking forward to the SWG the most, i've fought with both the pools we have had in here in FL. Totally a different maintenance monster than what I had in CA. I've also been sending friends here for years.

Anyway, i'm in a brain fog spot(medical issues) and i just cannot wrap my head around what to buy. I'm trying to go the cheapest, yet best way since income is short right now. I have the K-2006c test kit, refills for it at tftestkits are $52, and the salt test kit is $30and then $10 shipping. Or the TF-100 is $72 and the salt is $27 and that is free shipping. I don't care if the bottles fit in the fancy blue box, but I hate buying more plastic than necessary. I just want the most tests for the money. I looked at the chart and honestly I cannot process it right now, ugh, this is not a good time for medical "normal" medical stuff - can't actually get treated.

Sooo, does anyone have suggestions as to which way to go? Or can/should I buy the TF-100 refill?

UGH, i'm sorry if I sound incoherent a bit off - I swear I'm normally able to wrap my brain around it all. Thank you for any help!!

I don't think there's that much difference. I have the TF 100 and I always get the refills discounted. Since you already have the 2006c refills would be less plastic and a little cheaper I guess. Unless you have a weird problem you'll use FAS-DPD and pH a lot. Both have the 2 oz bottle for that. TA and CYA are probably next. Both have plenty of that.

My advice would be don't worry too much about the kit choice just get one soon and focus on how nice swg will be! You're gonna love it!

Chris

Reactions: Need2swim
Check the dates, maybe some aren't far off
I have the 2006 and mine are starting to expire. I am learning with my SWG I don't need to test as much, everyday FC is the same 4.5 :)
You do need the 1766 salt test kit to get started.

IS there any reason you have to have a special tube for the salt test? I have the 1766 why can't you just buy the 2 solutions and use the existing 10ml tube you use for Chlorine.
I have to wipe mine out after every test, seems to coat it with something.

IS there any reason you have to have a special tube for the salt test? I have the 1766 why can't you just buy the 2 solutions and use the existing 10ml tube you use for Chlorine.
I have to wipe mine out after every test, seems to coat it with something.
Interesting - i'll look into that.

I was also looking at some battery meters that popped up on Amazon. Not "that" much more expensive - but no dropping. But, would I use it enough is the question?!?! If would help if my friends that are putting a pool in were closer than 40 minutes away. Long drive for a test.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Oh and i'd be less worried if I could just order from Amazon and get it next day - but everything is a week out, and that is when I could need them in a pinch. Kid has no patience and it is 90 today here. ugh.

(amazon and I have very different ideas of what is essential right now)

Reactions: markayash
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.