May 17, 2021
Texas
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Hello TFP!

My parents have a new pool (14,300 gallon, DE filter, Pentair pump, Pentair Mastertemp 250, Plaster). Pool is Chlorine and has a puck auto feed currently.

Looking to set up their pump schedule but not sure what RPM to run it at. Any suggestions?

With that set up, first is what rpm is needed to make the puck feeder work. It must erode the pucks quick enough to provide the chlorine needed each day.
Next is the rpm needed to skim the surface.

For the puck feeder, testing. Using that method of chlorination, the CYA needs to be tested every week or two. The FC daily. Keep the FC in target range based on FC/CYA Levels

For skimming, observation. Does the rpm used remove the material that falls into the pool before it sinks.

Eventually a SWCG should be installed and life will get much easier.

Reactions: texaspool89

That set up is perfect!!! (Except you are missing the SWCG. :mrgreen: )

I suggest that you run the pump 24/7 at say 1500 RPM and see how it all works...

I'd put two or three tablets in the tab feeder and see how long they last, and how well the water is skimmed. You can then adjust the speed up or down based on your findings.

The real key here is the maintaining the proper FC (Chlorine) to CYA (Stabilizer) ratio.. which I assume you know, since you have been a member for a couple of years.. Will you be maintaining your parent's pool, or will they be doing it themselves, or will they have a pool service???

I run my IntelliFlo 24/7 at 1200 RPM (I have no heater or spa).. This allows me to make a little chlorine all the time and skim all the time. I also like the look of the water when it has a little motion. This costs me less than $20 a month.. And, I have an old pump, the IntelliFlo3 is much more energy efficient. I've been doing this over 10 years and personally believe that is better for pump longevity than turning the pump on and off every day.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.