Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
Hello,
I am a new pool owner. We recently bought a home and had older equipment replaced. However there is one item that I have no idea what it is and what it does. I only know that it is leaking and needs to be replaced. I have been told that since I live in Los Angeles County that years ago a backwash filter was required. I have talked to 3 pool service people and they have no clue what it is. Any thoughts?
1628030644667.png

Welcome to TFP.

Looks like a Pentair Pacfab Stainless Steel DE Separation tank. It should have a filter bag in it to capture the backwashed DE while the water goes down the drain.

Reactions: Samilton
S,

I agree with Allen... I bought a rent house and at the time it had a tank just like that connected to the backwash line.. It no longer had a bag inside. I just disconnected it and threw it away...

It should not be leaking as it should not get water unless you are backwashing..

Thanks,

Jim R.

Reactions: Samilton
Thank you both. I have not backwashed at all. My DE filter is 4months old. It appears to be leaking from the top. Im wondering if the original owner had it set up as a secondary filter. I will open it up on Thursday and report back. Im thinking it may have torn/ worn out seals.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.