Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-9)
Hi guys,

I'm a fairly new pool owner and attempting to debug an issue with my hot tub being only half full of water. When I turn it on now, it overflows to the pool vs. just recirculating. My guess is one of the "check valves" is broken. Attached image of pool. My thought is "a" or "d" issue.

Thanks
PS - TFP method has kept my pool very clear for two seasons. Pool Plumbing L.jpg

Show us the position of your two actuators b & e in POOL mode and SPA mode.

In the pic e is partically open to draw water from pool and spa. There should be no reason for that. I suspect the e actuator is not properly turning.

Casey: overhead attached

Allen, yes, it seems "e" actuator is warm. Was making a little noise earlier. Not sure how they should be for POOL or SPA mode.

Attachments

• Pool overhead L.jpg
    Pool overhead L.jpg
    493 KB · Views: 14
Not sure how they should be for POOL or SPA mode.

Assuming 4 is your spa suction - handle for E should be parallel with the pipe below. Handle should be to the right in spa mode and rotate 180 degrees and be to the left in pool mode. If E is not rotating 180 degrees that is your problem.

D,

As Allen points out, your main problem is that your Intake Valve (E) is not set up correctly or is broken.. It should be set to either suck water from the Spa or the Pool, but never both...

Here is how the whole thing should work...

When in the Pool mode, the Intake Valve (E) is set to suck water from the Pool, through the pump, filter and heater and then the Return Valve (B) is set to send all the water back to the pool.

When in the Spa mode, the Intake Valve (E) is set to suck water from the Spa, through the pump, filter and heater and then the Return Valve (B) is set to send all the water back to the Spa.

When in the Spillover mode, the Intake Valve (E) is set to suck water from the Pool, through the pump, filter and heater and then the Return Valve (B) is set to send all the water back to the Spa.

Your automation may not have a spillover mode.. So to force the spa to constantly spillover into the pool, you can adjust the Return Valve (B) so that when in the Pool mode it allows a little water to go to the Spa, while most of the water still goes to the Pool.. When in the Spa mode all the water still needs to go to the Spa. When using this method, the Check Valve (A) prevents the spa from draining down when the pump is off.

At no time should the Intake Valve (E) be set to anything but full Pool or full Spa.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Thanks

Valve (E) actuator not operating properly. It's an Intermatic SPE24VA. Whereas the return valve (B) seems to be the orignal compool.

I pulled apart the intermatic and it's not the switches and seems to be the gearing which does not seem to be accessible. I've just ordered a Hayward GVA-24 which looks to have replaceable gearing.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.