Need a new JANDY CPHVRGBWS100 light, but considering alternatives?

jesse-99

Gold Supporter
Silver Supporter
Bronze Supporter
May 2, 2021
Illinois
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Jandy Aquapure 1400
I'm tired of my Jandy LED lights going bad.... I need another CPHVRGBWS100 (Jandy WaterColor LED RGBW Pool Light - 120v, 100'-CPHVRGBWS1) and I'm getting tired of replacing these every few years at $980 each.

I have 5 pool lights:
  • 2 of which I've already replaced with LED strip lights (for the upper spa and disappearing edge basin, LED strips are mounted under the patio coping pavers)
  • 1 of which will -never- work again because the wiring cannot be pulled through anymore (unless I tear up 50' of patio and yard to determine where the blockage/kink is)
  • 2 of which still use the CPHVRGBWS100 Jandy lights (need 100' cords)
Instead of buying yet another CPHVRGBWS100 for $1,000 I want to consider cheaper alternatives. I see $250-550 cheaper 120V LED alternatives on Amazon etc. but obviously I'm okay with non-Amazon alternatives too and other name brands. Will ANY of those work?

My requirements:
  • Light must power on automatically when the relay comes on (via scheduled Aux in my iAquaLink) and deliver 120V to the light
  • Light must also remain set to the last selected color, meaning if I set the RGB as Blue, when the relay is turned on automatically by schedule the following night, the RGB should be Blue again (without having the manually change the color every night).
I'd much rather buy at least *2* cheaper / knock off lights than spend $980 per light with Jandy stuff again. Ugh.

Any thoughts? Comments? Recommendations? Remember these are 120V lights, not 12V lights.

Last edited:
Hard to know what you are getting on Amazon unitil you buy it and try it.

No one buys them all and can tell us how they compare and contrast.