Mystery Frog

markayash

Gold Supporter
TFP Guide
Mar 21, 2016
Atlanta Ga
This morning there was a dead full size frog in my pump basket..I was outside all day yesterday and pretty sure it wasn't there..Also, have skimmer hair nets so have NO idea where it came from..I know it was waterlogged but probably 5" long and 3 or 4 wide" so not a small frog.
Strange

Saturday I put a stone in with the hair nets to make sure they stayed on the bottom. Guess it could have got stuck in the pipes and took a couple of days to come out but my pump runs 24x7 this time of year.

If its in the pump basket, that means it went thru the pipes?? <shiver> egads. What a ride!

Does your skimmer basket fit snug in your skimmer?

Maddie :flower:

I posted this a few weeks back and your reaction was what I thought :)

Funny related story, early spring I had a small 8" brown snake in the bottom on my skimmer..I shut the pump off and tried to get it to grab a stick so I could save it but the crazy snake jump in the return..
I knew his chances weren't good so decided to turn on pump for 30 seconds and see what happened...He was in the pump basket and moving when I dumped him out..Came back later and he was gone..
Probably telling his friends, man you should have ridden the skimmer coaster, it was cool!

• Haha
Reactions: YippeeSkippy
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.