My spa water level drops over a foot when the pump is off. Check Valve Replacement?

Isobro

Aug 8, 2020
Tucson, az
I have a 12,000 gallon pool and raised spa. The Spa level drops about a foot when the pump is off. In my research online it sounds to be a check valve that is failing. When I look at the videos, I can't seem to locate where this valve may be on my system. I took a few photos, one of which is where I think it is, but I'm not sure. Do I just remove this cap while the pump is off, find the valve, and replace with the same part?

Yup, that check valve is probably your problem.

Challange will be figuring out who the manufactuer is and if parts are available for it. Otherwise you need to cut it out and replace it with a Jandy check valve.

Reactions: Isobro
Appears so. I would talk to Inyo as yours is not a clear cover and the one they show is.

Have Pool Lube - Further Reading on hand. Dicey pulling it apart before you have the parts.

You do know you could set up your automation and actuated valves such that you do not need that check valve. You would just run the spa spillover a couple times a day via automation and have the actuated valve fully on Pool return the rest of the time.

Thank you! When removing this, anything unique or special I need to do? I assume just remove the but, pull out the valve and oring, inspect and replace. Make sure pump is off of course. I'll then call inyo to be sure.

Use the SPA DRAIN function on your ET and drain the spa before you open up the CV. Otherwise you will probably get water pouring out of it when you open it up.

Thanks for your help, everyone. So I think I have the part here. Question on installing - it doesn't have screws or isn't threaded. Do I just pop the old one off with a screw driver? Do I need to drain the spa or anything or just make sure the pump is off?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
The outer ring unscrews from the body.
Thanks, so once the ring is removed, the valve seems to be on there quite tight, I can't remove with my hand, which leads me to think it is pressured or seals quite tight. Do I need to drain the spa first or can I just shut the pump off and pry off the valve with leverage from a screw driver? Attached are pics of new valve

Attachments

• 20210831_110647-min.jpg
    20210831_110647-min.jpg
    420.4 KB · Views: 4
  • 20210831_110644-min.jpg
    20210831_110644-min.jpg
    460.3 KB · Views: 4
See Allen post above. You should drain the spa to the pool prior to opening that check valve.

I would be very careful prying anything as it may damage sealing surfaces.

Go out to your Easytouch control Panel. Put the system in Service Mode. Look at Valves (V). Select Drain.
See your ET owners manual.

Drain.png

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.