My pool will be closed for about a month.

Neemer

Gold Supporter
Oct 10, 2017
Fredericksburg, VA
My pool that was installed last fall has to undergo some major renovations. I'm not happy about that, but it is what it is.

Work will begin tomorrow, and the contractor says it will be 2 weeks. I always double that, so I'm expecting to be down for a month.

Part of the work is to cut out about 12" of concrete pool coping and replace with stone. This is going to create a mess in my perfect-chemistry water.

To my question: I won't be able to run the pump during this downtime, so I'm wondering if it would be worth the effort to continue to monitor the chemistry and add bleach as needed. The other option is let it go to swamp and deal with it at project's end. If I can't run the pump, is there a way to mix the water so anything I add gets proper distribution?

As a side note, I discovered this website during the pool build and have been applying TFP concepts daily. I found a crystal clear pool when I opened last month, and it has been perfect ever since. This site is invaluable, and I applaud those of you who lend your expertise and patience to educating the unwashed masses such as myself.

Is the work due to the contractor needing to repair something? I would suggest that they should provide you a sub pump that can be used to circulate the water. You would maintain the chemistry as normal. It will get dirty, but that can be cleaned up at the end.

Or, you can buy a sub pump and do the same. Not sure were 'Mid-Atlantic' is but most places have Harbor Freight, Home Depot, Lowes, etc that sell sub pumps for under $100.

Take care.

For sure I would not allow it to turn to a swamp. Add bleach, mix however you can. It is only a month. Charge the PB for the bleach btw!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.