West Haven, CT
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
FC 4.0, CC 4.5, pH 7.5, TA 90, CH 300, CYA 30, Phos 650
7400 gal 18’ round vinyl, Nature2 mineral, Taylor K2006 kit

Going to add 1 lb of chlorine free oxidizer (38% potassium peroxymonosulfate) to fight the .5 CC. Going to add 24 floz of PhosFree. I already removed all trichlor from Nature2 mineral system, I want to try to use it as mfg suggests @ .5-1.0 FC. I screwed up last Monday & put 2 trichlor pucks in, removed 1 Wednesday and the other this afternoon

Thoughts ? I’ll post my results Sunday afternoon (48 hours for phosfree to work & then wash filter cartridge

I assume you are not going to follow TFPC?
I am and I’m not. Utmost respect for the group and members shared knowledge, but want to see if the mineral system works. Unfortunately we bought 2 buckets of trichlor pucks so being so cheap I will be using them instead of 12.5% LC to sanitize and supplement the Nature2

Great.
Please do not post any questions about pool water chemistry. It is confusing to our members and this forum is for the use of the TFPC process.

Good luck.

Reactions: JamesW and Dan7667
As promised enclosed please find my results of experience trying to balance a mineral system. In addition to my previous treatment I added 14 Oz borax and 12 Oz baking soda

FC 1.4
pH 7.6
TA 105
CH 275
CYA 30

As reminded by admins my methods don’t entirely agree with TFP’s. I’d like to petition the sysops and admins to possibly create a forum here for mineral users. After all, our goals are the same, having a safe and balanced trouble free pool. If there is a forum here to discuss ideas that are contrary please advise, and I thank you all in advance. What I’ve learned here I could not have gathered from any other source, and I’m grateful.

What I’ve learned here I could not have gathered from any other source, and I’m grateful.
Keep learning and search up both your tabs/pucks and mineral system. You will find oodles of failed attempts dating back 17 years. You will see thousands of folks trying to hack the system, overwhelmingly unsuccessfully.

They all thought that they would be the chosen one also.

Reactions: Dan7667

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Keep learning and search up both your tabs/pucks and mineral system. You will find oodles of failed attempts dating back 17 years. You will see thousands of folks trying to hack the system, overwhelmingly unsuccessfully.

Yes I’ve researched the archives here back to a 2010 thread, and my learning continues. I’m not trying to be the chosen one but I do value a choice.

Reactions: Newdude
Just last week we had member # 37383 (I can’t even pretend to remember the #) asking ‘besides the staining what are the drawbacks of the minerals’. He was looking to properly treat with chlorine *and* run the mineral system.

My reply was that the staining *was* the draw back. I asked him if ink was shown to inhibit algae, would he ever consider adding it ? He didn’t answer but he didn’t have to. It’s preposterous. Both options should be equally wrong. But the mineral option is considered to be ok to try for some reason unbeknownst to me.

I’m not trying to be the chosen one but I do value a choice.
And i PROMISE I’m not trying to be snarky. Please read up. Read until your eyes hurt. Read more tomorrow and more the next day. You will come to an educated decision. :)

Reactions: Dan7667
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.