Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
Hi All,

I had a pool installed (construction began Labor Day weekend) and it was just filled ~2 weeks ago. Plaster crew applied Wet Edge Signature matrix plaster on a Thursday, did the acid was Friday, and put the hose in when leaving so the pool would fill. Well, the plaster crew forgot to plug the drain holes so from Friday-Sunday AM the hose was running but water level not increasing. I finally was able to get the pool company out Sunday morning and they plugged the drain hole, pool filled fine.

Because the water level was not increasing, there is a "ring" or water line on my pool where the water level had remained stagnant. What can be done for this, if anything?

Thank you both! The plaster crew said they can do an acid wash to get rid of it, but this would require draining the pool and they have been very ambiguous as to whether the wash will darken all of the plaster, which I do not want, or just the stained area. I am nervous to take this course without a better understanding. Any thoughts?

You do not want an acid wash which will thin out and etch your palster.

That is why @onBalance suggested sanding which will accomplish the same thing but is more effort for them.

So a follow-up - I have noticed that there appear to be light, sand colored lines (about 3” wide) running towards the filter at the deep end. Primarily 2, but if I really scrutinized I may see more. they stand out against the cadet blue finish which is quite dark. Is this dirt that has cured into the plaster? I swept twice daily for the first two weeks and once daily second two weeks (still within this period, one month mark I June 16). What could cause this? It’s possible they were caused by the improper filling, too, as I did notice them pretty immediately (within 3 days of pool being filled) I looked with goggles on and they’re harder to notice up close, just looks like lighter plaster pebbles, but they really stand out when you stand above the pool

Hard to know what you are describing.

It may just be the way random stones have lined up to create the visual you see.

Likely nothing can be done about it. It is character crating a unique finish in your pool.

Reactions: Heatheralee
With our Tahoe Blue, and first time with pebble finish pool (had liner pool before), the watching for color imperfections will cause my heart to stop from time to time. I'm always looking at mine, monitoring it, see some big "spots", only to find them gone when the light changes later. I see mottled look on bottom, dark and light on bottom, then consistent color. Sometimes, even a streak will appear to exist that doesn't when I walk to another angle. Heck, I have even thrown on the goggles to ease my curiosity. The blues can drive you batty if you let them. As for the line from fill, that is a different issue.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.